Chapter 9

Rylee POV

When I woke up I had a pit in my stomach. I knew something bad was going to happen today. Last night after I fed the twins, I had hacked into my dads phone to check in on things. I guess I chose the perfect time to do so because he picked that time to call Alessio asking if my brother Thomas could stay here for a few days.  He had to say he's due to the alliance they have. That made me have a slight panic attack and so I ended up taking a long, hot bath at midnight. I had stopped listening to everything after that so I don't know what else was said and discussed.

Deciding to stop dwelling on last night I get up and grab Micheal to feed him. Once done feeding him I get Natalee a feed her. Once done feeding both I take them into the bathroom to wash them and and myself.

I knew I couldn't stay up here all day because I needed food. So I made a plan. The plan was to call one of the boys up to watch the kids while I got food. The thing was that I was going to stick up on food. That way I wouldn't have to go downstairs and possibly run into my brother.

Shouting for one of the boys Marco is the one who come and asks what I need. I tell him I need him to watch the kids while I go get some snacks, he begrudgingly agrees.

Waking into the kitchen I was trying to figure out the drink situation because if I saw Thomas then I might need some wine or something stronger. And I need food. Deciding to make a list of food and drinks I'll take up with me I go into the dining room. What I'm shocked to see is a basket with my name on it full of all my favorite snacks and drink plus two smaller ones with my kids names on them. In front of them was a card with my name on it.

It read " Hey Rylee I think you know about Thomas coming. I also think that you'll hide in your room most of the time he's here. I got this goodie baskets made so you won't have to make any extra trips for snacks. Someone will deliver three meals each day and if you need help with anything call Marco or I. It doesn't matter when you call someone will come. Micheal had to go on a trip to America because one of his cousins, I think their name was Brady needed help. I wish one thing of you, will you come to dinner one day this while he's here? Two doors down from your room has some special gifts to help you if you decide to join us.
——— Alessio

I knew Brady, he was always getting in trouble with my family. Knowing him Micheal was going to bail him out of trouble. Shelby would probably end up helping them both.

Going back to the kitchen I got stuff that I wanted or needed. When I'm done with that I grab one of the baskets for the twins and head upstairs. Dropping them off in my room I go back down to grab the other two baskets. Deciding I was hungry I grab an apple and start thinking about what gave day would bring.

I was brought out of my thought when I heard voices. Both voices were familiar to me. At that moment I knew fucked up and was downstairs too long. Thomas was here and I needed to leave. Writing a quick note next to the baskets saying they needed brought up to my room later. I run back upstairs to see Marco sleeping in the rocking chair with both kids. After taking a picture I wake him up saying Thomas was here and in the dining there were two baskets that were gifted to me from Alessio. Let's see what this week has in store for me.