Chapter 13: Rumors

"Lastly, we won't be having any classes tomorrow. That will be all." Mrs. Denver says, dismissing the class. 

"Did you see the video yet?" I heard from behind. I couldn't help but overhear as I was placing everything in my bag.

"You saw that too? Louis was so hot!" I bit my lower lip when I heard what they were talking about. I wonder what video he was in? I'd love to see it!

"He said it was for someone special. How lucky this person must be!" Another one says. I figured it must be when he sang last week. 

I was suddenly reminded about my awkward exit. I shouldn't have left him there without saying goodbye!

"I heard Samantha saying he was with a girl there too"

"Ugh. She probably was a try hard" Was I the girl they were talking about?  My heart suddenly sank. A try hard? Was that how I seemed like?

Speaking of Louis, We haven't talked to each other for a week! Did he not like me anymore? He kissed me and I kissed him back. Surely that meant something, right?

He could have texted me! Or maybe I could but I don't have the guts to...

"Ashley!" I looked at the direction where I heard it from. I smiled at the three ladies approaching me.

"By the way, we forgot to introduce ourselves."

"I'm Kylie" The red haired girl introduces.

"I'm Kayla" Her twin.

"And I'm Morret!" The last girl says.

"Nice to meet you all! So what's up?" I ask. We never really talked last week and It might have been my fault. They only asked for a friendly hangout and I never reached out.

"Well, we were wondering If you wanna hang out with us today!" I didn't know how to say no to them. I had to meet up with Gyda today.

"Coming through!" Speaking of Gyda. She makes sure to make one hell of an entrance! I chuckled.

"This is my friend Gyda... Is it alright if she could come too?" I ask. If they didn't allow her, might as well just not come!

They all nod and we walk towards their car. Gyda surprisingly did not hesitate to ask questions and just came along.

"Here's three strawberry milkshakes, a chocolate milkshake and a vanilla milkshake" The waitress hands out all our drinks. We were currently at the diner that Kylie, Kayla and Morret suggested we'd go. I'd have to honestly say this diner was pretty cute.

"So, ladies... Any gossip?" Morret starts.

I wasn't the type to be updated in all the gossips going around the school so I wouldn't know what was happening. Except for times when the girls behind me in class would mention one or two things about Louis, my ears would suddenly become attentive.

"I'd talk about the new rumors going on about Louis but I know it would make Ashley uncomfortable so I'd rather not..." Kayla replies. 

I'd understand she'd feel uncomfortable after how I responded to her about Louis. Let's just say at that time me and Louis weren't on good terms but only I knew. As a matter of fact, I'd love to hear about what was going on about this Louis rumor.

"Not at all! Please, share!" I reassured them.

"I heard he sang for someone last week! No one knows for who though since he never mentioned but I'd kill to be in that person's spot!" Kylie tells while eyeing me. I didn't know why she was looking at me that way but I just shrugged it off.