Chapter 8: Peninsula

"I'll miss you!" Gyda pouts, extending he arms. I hug her back and laugh at her dramatic approach. The week end finally came which meant us students were allowed to go home if we wanted. Mom and I made a promise to always go home every weekend so we could spend time as a family. Hopefully by now their honeymoon period was over.

"Its only two days, Gyda!" I chuckle. 

"I know! But you don't know what two days is like at the Norris house! You sure you don't want to come with me? We can paint each others nail and watch movies or something, anything!" She pleads. 

"I can't, I made a promise to my parents that I'd spend time with them every weekend... Dad said we were going to this private Island with his friends and business partners or something.." I haven't been to a private Island before and I couldn't say no. I promised my mom that I would make an effort in spending time with Bob even if that meant flying in a helicopter.

"No way! So you're telling me you're spending time at an Island while I sit around at my room studying!" She pouts and I laugh at her. How I wish we could switch places right now. I wanted to finish a book I borrowed at the library the other day. I almost did not sleep the whole night reading it. I figured I should just bring the book during the trip.

"What do you think, honey" My mom asks smiling. I was staring in awe at the villa near the beach. We flew hear through a helicopter then rode a car all the way after. I was speechless the whole time. Things I never thought I would experienced happened before me.

"This is amazing, mom, dad.." 

"Anything for my family" Bob says. I smile at him and walk towards the entrance of the mansion. The mansion had a lot of windows and was facing the beach just in front. The beach..

White sand. Turquoise waters. Heavenly! Welcome to Melvern Peninsula.

Who knew I would become a beach person just by looking at it. I get convinced easily when it came to nature.

"Oh they're here!" Dad's voice echoes inside the mansion. He must be talking about his friends and business partners that were invited to come. I probably shouldn't intrude old people business.

I take my slippers off and just hook them on my fingers. I take a stroll down the beach to admire it's beauty. It was almost lunch time which meant the sun was already high up. I kick the waters and splashed around a bit before going back up to the mansion. I already planned to read my book later since there were lounge chairs and umbrellas on the sand.

I slowly open the sliding doors of the mansion trying not to disturb anyone. I make my way towards the dining area and spot a lot of people. 

My eyes widen when I spot two familiar faces. Antoinette Guidicelli and Levi Thompson. I wasn't excited with what I was seeing. As much as possible, I wanted to stay away from people from school.

They both look at me as well but were unbothered. I smile at everyone at the table before taking a seat beside Antoinette.

"Hey" I greet her and she only smiles at me. I look away feeling awkward. I just remembered she was friends with Liana San Diego, she must act like her too. I sigh.

The thought made me go back to what Liana had said. Next thing you know he's off to another woman behind your back. Louis and I weren't together but he was all I thought about. I wasn't sure about how I felt. All I know was that he's never left my mind ever since the day at the Pergola. Off to another woman behind your back. It wasn't like he'd ask me out or anything.