Chapter 18: stupid mistake

"Over here" someone shouts. I was at the cafeteria holding my tray when the girls called me. I looked at their direction and saw that the guys were also there.

I smiled and walked towards them. I give Elliot a kiss before sitting down and proceed eating. 

Somehow I am suddenly reminded of the last cafeteria meal i had with my old friends. It was fun until I learned how they all made me feel dumb. I shake my head, getting rid of the thought.

"I get you already heard" Kylie says. 

I knew what she was talking about and shrugged it off. Elliot was right beside me and I didn't want him to noticed something was off.

I look around and notice that people were staring at the direction of the cafeteria doors. 

"Speaking of the devil" Kayla whispers. 

I check to see what was going on and regret it the moment I spot Louis and everyone else.

"Shit" I whisper to myself looking back at my food.

"Is there something wrong" Elliot asks me worriedly.

I look at him surprised and shake my head.

"No, not at all!" I laugh nervously.

What was wrong with me. I should've moved on by now but I found myself going back to square one.

I go back to eating my food and our group starts chattering once again. A group starts sitting at the table beside ours. No one usually sits there which was weird.

Someone from the group beside ours comes up to me and smiles. Gyda. I look at her with a bored expression, making it seem like I couldn't care less.

"Ashley" She starts. I raise a brow. "Do you wanna join us?" She asked. I chuckle. Was she blind or something. I was clearly with a group of people yet she had the nerve to even ask.

The girls and some of Elliot's friends look at her too, confused. They were probably wondering why I was talking to a new kid.

"No thanks. I got company" I place my hand on Elliot's thigh and rub it slowly making him look down.

I could tell Gyda was taken aback. This wasn't like the high school me at all. But what does she know. 

"Listen. I know we hurt you years ago, but we can explain-"

"Shut it, Norris" Morret says.

"Is something wrong here" Vincent stands up from his seat. What a mess. He looks at me and suddenly has a change in attitude. 

I stand up and everyone goes quiet.  

"I told you I had company, right?" I look at Gyda dead in the eye. She swallows hard before nodding and walking back to her seat.

Elliot looks at me worriedly and I only smile at him.

As much as they hate it, I still felt a pang of anger. Seeing their faces was like going back to the things they've done. A tear escapes my eye and I immediately wipe it.

"I need to visit the ladies room real quick" I inform everyone so they wouldn't worry.

My heart was beating so fast, it hurt. Just when I thought I could be happy again, they decide to crawl back into my life. 

They were rich people so they could easily get into other schools but no. They decided it was a great idea to play with me.

This time it was the other way around. I'll show them how a real game works.

I turn the sink off after washing my hand and stare at my reflection in the mirror. I smile and turn to the door. As soon as I open the door I am greeted with a serious looking Louis.

God how I missed that face. The face every lady would fall for. Without knowing I already did. 

I only stare at him for a couple seconds before walking past him. What did he expect? That I would be happy to see him? If anything I was mad. Mad that I missed him.

"Ashley" He grabs my hand and I stop and sigh. I turn around.

"Can I hep you?" I ask him like he was a stranger to me. It hurt seeing the pain in his eyes. I f only he would realize I had gone through worse.

"Let's talk" He says seriously. I somehow couldn't focus because of how hot he sounded. Ashley we went over this!

"There's nothing to talk abou-" I say before he pulls me towards the gym near the comfort room I was in. "Let go of me" I say, angry this time.

Why was he doing this to me. Why couldn't he just forget about everything and move on?

He grabs a single chair and lets me sit on it. I look up at him in disbelief before crossing my arms. Thankfully no one was in the gym to spy on us.

"What do you want" I look away. Looking at anything but him. He grabs another chair and sits on it. He leans towards me and pull my chair closer to him. He rests his arms on the arm rests of my chair and looks at me.

He took something out from his pocket and placed it on my ear. It was a daffodil. 

I suddenly remember when we had to sneak out to see each other at the pergola. No, no. You can't go back to square one.

I grab the daffodil and throw it on the floor before looking at him. He looks down, pain evident in his eyes. I was hurt at the sight of him.

"What can I do to get you back" He mumbled. 

"What-"

"Tell me, Ashley, please" He pleads. 

I'm speechless. If you didn't do what you had done, I'd take you right back, no questions. 

"You hurt me, Louis." My voice was now shaky. "I can't let you hurt me again." A tear escapes my eye and I immediately wipe it. No time for weak feelings.

"I know what I did. And I can explain. Just please give me another chance." I look up at him and he was crying. Not in a dramatic way. His eyes were red and he clenches his jaw. I almost reach up to wipe them but I can't.

"I have a boyfriend. His name's Elliot and, and- I... like him. He's the sweetest person I know, and He was always there for me and-" I continue mumbling before Louis kisses me. 

No.

I push him back and he looks at me apologetically. Before he could say anything I stand up and walk away quickly. 

Nothing happened here.

This was all a mistake. A stupid mistake.

~~~

04.20.21

really short and late chapter. i don't even pass my homework on time:")