Chapter 10: Gyda

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, surveying my current outfit. I was wearing the school uniform which consisted of a skirt that ended mid thigh and a short sleeved but very open blouse that we had to tuck inside our skirts. We also had to purchase the school's jacket with its logo on it incase it got cold. The colors were gold and navy blue which represented the school. (picture above)

I decided to just wear the jacket since it was already cold anyway. I grab my linen colored bag before heading out. I bump into Gyda who had been waiting outside my room for who knows how long. I smile at her and she smiles back, excitedly grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the elevator.

"So" She starts, already giggling. I chuckle at her silliness.

"So?" I ask her her, lightly smiling.

"Beach. Details" She says. I laugh nervously, remembering the scenes that took place at the beach just a day ago with Louis. I hesitate whether I should just tell her but knowing Gyda she'll never stop until she got the answer she wanted.

"Well.." I proceeded. I didn't know where I should begin.

"Well? Come on, say it!" She nudges.

"Should I tell you the boring part or should I skip to the time when my top got soaked in the water and it forced him to stare at nothing but my bathing suit." I let out. I was fully aware that we were at the beach and it was normal for people to wear bathing suits but it just felt embarrassing when it came to Louis. And I was also wearing that white top for a reason; to cover myself, so how it decided to reveal my bathing suit was still embarrassing.

"Aw! How cute!" She exclaims giggling. I only roll my eyes at her. By now I already got used to my best friend. I couldn't convince her to think of the opposite. Whatever she thought of was already solid and no one could change it. If she thinks the earth is flat no one could convince her to change her mind even if she saw it herself.

We arrive at the building and many students were already starting to wear the school uniform. It was a rule and a tradition here at Matrix that students could wear whatever they wanted at the first day of school, which explained my everyday outfits.

The moment we arrived at the building the bell rang. I kissed Gyda on the cheek goodbye before heading off to my first class.

I got to my first class on time and sat down at the second to the last seat at the very left facing the teacher. I put my bag down and take my notebook out so that I could already prepare.

"Have you seen Louis' recent post?" Someone giggles from behind. I try not to flinch at the mention of his name to which I succeeded. I forced myself to avoid listening to the gossips behind me but am unable to.

"I'm pretty sure the whole school has" Another one says. "Get this, Bethany even tried to fly to the Island he was in but found out it was private!" The idea clicked and I was certain about what they were talking about. I wasn't aware Louis had taken pictures at the beach since he was with me the whole.

"The Island was owned by someone named Roberts?" I thanked my lucky stars no one knew me from this class yet because if they did I wouldn't have gotten out of this one.

"I think it was Bob Roberts. They had a vacation together with The Guidicellis and Thompsons! I wonder how Liana felt about that." I suddenly remembered the conversation I had with Antoinette that night. I wanted to comfort her, become her friend. Anything to help out.

"By the way who's that girl next to Louis- no don't tell me he has a girlfriend?!" The other shouts. I quickly take my phone out and search up Louis' name, Praying he didn't do anything that would've risk my plans of laying low.

I check his latest post and swipe to find the picture. Luckily it was a picture of his legs and feet next to mine. I sigh in relief that my identity wasn't revealed. I look back at the picture and smile at it. I don't remember him taking this photo but I don't complain.

"No way. That's probably his sister" The other replies. I remembered seeing Louis' sister at the table. She must've joined the my dad and the others since she was probably sent to talk business.

Before anyone could say anything more Mrs. Grundy entered the room looking clean and organized for today. I only sigh at her appearance. One look at her says a lot of things, like today's test that I wasn't able to study about.

"Alright girls, I hope all of you have prepared for today's test which will cover all of our lessons from last week." The class groans and I only pray to the gods above I don't fail this test.

~~~

I walk out of the classroom slightly sulky. I regret not studying the day before. I blamed it on the vacation e had but the thing was I shouldn't. I could've studied at the beach but there were too many distractions.

We only had one class in the morning which meant school was done for the day. I look for Gyda, hoping we could get something to eat before returning to our rooms. I tried calling her several times but she wouldn't answer. I look around the school, from her classroom to the cafeteria. Where could she be?

I almost give up playing hide and seek with her. My last option was at the back of the school. Where me and Louis met the other time. It was a field filled with all kinds of flowers and in the middle stood a gazebo.

I don't find Gyda anywhere and turn around to leave when I hear a familiar giggle at the back building. I slowly walk closer to the sound and peek. 

There stood Gyda. Finally! 

I wanted to approach her but notice she was with someone else. I look closely and clearly recognize the person she was with.

Louis.

Why were they alone? At the back of the building? Giggling?

I almost drop all of my things but thank goodness I didn't. They would've found out I was spying on them. 

Louis whispers something in Gyda's ear and she giggles once more. I almost tear up at the sight of them. They looked happy and excited. Was all of this a trap? Did he just approach me to get to Gyda?

He could've told me he liked my bestfriend. All the hope that filled me suddenly left and disappeared now replaced by anger and embarrassment. Embarrassed because I made it too obvious that I liked him back. I felt like a fool. I thought he had feelings for me and I did too as well. But it turned out, it was my bestfriend that he liked... and not me.

I gather all the courage I had and decided to confront them when someone grabs my arm. I look back and see Vincent. 

"You can't hurt yourself like this.." I give up and he pulls back to the front of the school. I'll go wherever he takes me, anywhere that could make me take my mind off of things..

~~~

Short chapter:)

I was binge watching Attack on Titan, finished it in 2 days. But i was so into the anime that I read the manga and all that!! then I slept super late just so I could see the 1st episode of season 4:)) 

and then.. I had to catch up on some school work and then I finished some manga and all that!! thennnn I have this group project where I had to watch a whole ass opera just so I could make the script perfectly... not that anyone asked but the opera is "The Magic Flute"

 So I kind of forgot about this story but not to worry next chapter is already planned out!! I just need to write it:>

I was thinking about making a fanfic for levi? but no!! I have to finish this story and then move on to levi:)) because I've never tried finishing a story lmao

SO I'D LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE MISSING UPDATE!!

also if ya'll read the webtoon series: True Beauty then I'd like to remind you that the Kdrama is coming out TODAY! in like 1 hour and 23 minutes it'll be out!!

once again I'm really sorry! See you in the next Chapter!!