Day Break

Day Break

Chapter 1: Birthday

    "Ness," Alice sighed, "Just try it on. I don't know if it fits you because I can't see you in it before I buy it." she frowned. I couldn't help my smirk, I was glad she couldn't see my future. It was an invasion of privacy. Life is hard enough having a father who can read minds and an uncle who can manipulate your feelings and another who scares everyone away... well, lets just say you thank god for the small miracles- such as my aunt (for all intents and purposes) not being able to see my future. A very small miracle.

    I set 'Pride and Prejudice' on end table and I take the bag of clothes upstairs. Alice follows me up to my room. I open my door and stretch as Alice sits on my day bed.

    "You need a real bed," Alice mutters.

    "I hadn't realized my bed was fake." I mutter back, I hear Emmett's booming laugh, and Carlisle's soft chuckle from downstairs, as I zip up the white spaghetti strap dress. Alice squeals so I assume it meets her expectations for my 'surprise' party. A surprise which is fairly obvious because they've thrown me a 'surprise' party since my first birthday. 

    In reality this is my 5th birthday, but I seem more like a 17 year old in appearence and my mind is more, well... college level, I suppose. I've graduated highschool once already- with both my mother and father, my uncle Jasper and aunt Alice- not many 5 year olds can say that, I'm sure.  I'm almost positive no one can say they've done that.

    "Ness! You look so beautiful! Ja-" She fumbles with her words, her eyes going blank as a vision hits her. Alice's face breaks out in a smile, the phone rings, "Bella!" Alice squeals and zooms to get my mom, "It's Charlie! He's coming early!"

    Okay, I'll admit sometimes Alice's visions were okay. I missed my Grandpa Charlie. I changed out of the dress exchanging it for a pair of sweats and longsleeved T-shirt. I made my way back down stairs, my left foot just touched the floor before I saw Emmett jump at me from no where. I sprung back a step causing him to slam into the wall cracking the plaster.

    "Shit," Emmett curses, I laugh.

    "You're in trouble," I cross my arms over my chest and smile evily

    "Emmett Cullen!" I hear Grandma Esmee, from Grandpa Carlisle's office. Emmett, flashes me a pleading look. I roll my eyes.

    I look him in the eyes. I reach out, touching his arm and use my anti-sheild to give him my silent demand. If he wants me to take the blame I have to get something in return. 'Say; You win, Renesmee.' I tell him.

    He glares, and in return I raise an eyebrow, 'Here she comes.' I smirk.

    "You win, Renesmee." He says just as Grandma Esme rounds the corner.

    "I'm sorry, Esmee, Emmett scared me when he came around the corner and I, well, you know."

    Esmee sighs, "You get it from your mother. She was so clumsy."

    Emmett's laugh seems to boom next to Alice's soft musical one. I turn to find my mom and Alice both shaking their heads at Emmett and I.  "When's Grandpa Charlie, getting here? Why is he coming earlier?" I question pushing my dark copper colored bangs out from my eyes.

    My mom and Alice glance at one another secretively, "He'll be here soon. Charlie's just excited, Ness." My mom lies. You'd think she'd eventually learn to lie, but it still hasn't caught on.

    "I'm thirsty, I'm going hunting."

    "Did you want company?" mom asks.

    I think it through, and know she's not hungry. Her eyes are a perfect gold,  "No, not right now, I'll see you when I get home. It's movie night," I comfort, feeling bad, but knowing I needed time to myself- which I rarely had the chance of having. I kiss her cheek. "Besides I'm sure you an Alice have things to... talk about with me out of the house." It was part of our rules. I wasn't allowed to let on that I knew about the 'surprise' party.