Chapter 5-The Sleepover

After the boys finished up their dinner, Eric, with a devious smirk, sweetly asked Kyle, "Can we watch a movie?"

"No," Kyle responded angrily

"Bubbe! Eric's our guest. You'll do what he wants!" Kyle's mom frowned in displeasure at the rudeness her son was displaying.

"Fine, we can watch a movie," Kyle responded reluctantly. But, having grown up with Eric, Kyle knew that Eric definitely had something planned. Sure enough, the second Mrs. Broflovski left the living room Eric pulled out a copy of The Passion of The Christ.

"No way, Cartman! There's no way in hell we're watching that." Frustration filled Kyle's face.

"You don't wanna disappoint your mom, do you?" Eric mocked. Knowing that he had won, Eric put the DVD into the blue-ray player and turned on the TV. Kyle reluctantly sat down on the couch as he mentally prepped himself for the next two hours and seven minutes of torture he was about to endure.

When the movie finished, it was around 11:45 PM, and even though they didn't have school the next day, they both decided to call it a day and go to bed.

Trudging up the stairs, the duo headed towards Kyle's room. Eric laid down his sleeping bag and took out a grey blanket from his backpack. Shock filled Kyle's face when he recognized the blanket.

"You kept the blanket?" Kyle asked, surprised.

"Duh, I didn't want to waste a blanket," Eric quickly responded in a condescending tone shrugging his shoulders. On the inside though Eric was panicking. Could Kyle tell? Eric's mouth went dry as his heart rate increased.

Kyle had given Eric the blanket back in freshman year after the whole Jewpacabra incident.

There were rumors about a monster going around South Park, and Eric, being an insensitive asshole, started making up stories that it was a Jewpacabra, attempting to stop Easter. Long story short, Kyle ended up having to rescue a passed-out Cartman from hypothermia.

"Let's go to bed. I'm exhausted," Eric said, looking down to avoid Kyle's confused and shocked expression. Eric rolled out his Terrance & Phillip sleeping bag next to Kyle's wooden dark-brown bed and laid down.

Kyle turned off the lights in the room and crawled into his bed, staring at the ceiling. A small beam of silver light from the moon trickled through the windows, lightly illuminating the room.

"Cartman, why aren't we friends?" Kyle turned towards where Eric was lying on the floor. Eric took some time to ponder the question at hand.

"I don't know," Eric finally responded. "You've always picked Stan over me."

"What?" Kyle said, confused. "You always made it pretty clear that you hated me."

"Only after you ditched me," Eric seethed.

"I've never ditched you," Kyle said exasperated.

"Look, I don't wanna talk about this," Eric grunted angrily and turned away from Kyle, signaling the end of the conversation. Kyle awoke to a scream.

"No...no...Snooki, plea-please d-don't," Eric pleaded as tears trickled down his distraught face. The poor boy was trembeling. Kyle had never seen Eric look so afraid before.

"Cartman! Are you okay?" Kyle worried, sprung out of his bed and crouched down to console a sobbing Cartman. Eric's body wracked with the onslaught of sobs and tears.

"I'm-I'm -sorry," Eric stuttered, his throat closing up. Kyle wiped Eric's tears with his thumb and hugged him.

"Do-you reme-mber that-day?" Eric sniffled, his swollen eyes tinged with red.