Chapter 12-Kyle's Got A Girlfriend?

Kyle sleepily shuffled through the crowded school hallway. It was another Monday morning, and he had barely slept last night.

Kyle rubbed his tired red eyes with his hands and blinked warily around, trying to wake up. Then, as he was about to open his locker, a voice called out.

"Hey, Kyle!"

Kyle turned around and was surprised to see Nicole Kidman standing there. Nicole was a beautiful girl with ebony-colored skin and dark braids adorned with beads woven throughout her hair. He and Nicole hadn't talked since Tolkien and her had broken up.

"Hey, Nicole, what's up?" Kyle greeted slightly confused as to why Nicole was talking to him after all this time.

"My dad got free tickets from work, and I have an extra ticket to see the Denver Nuggets play the Lakers on Sunday. Do you want to come with me? I know you are a huge basketball fan."

"Oh my god! Yes!! I would love to! I haven't been to a professional game in so long!"

"Cool! It's at 3:30 PM in Ball Arena! I'll text you the rest of the details! I was thinking afterward we could get dinner at City Sushi."

"That sounds great! I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch ever since Tolkien and you..."

"It's okay," Nicole cut him off with a sad smile. "I know that it's hard to maintain friendships with both sides of a couple when they break up."

Kyle, unsure of what to say, just regretfully smiled in response.

"Well, we probably should get to class," Nicole stated, and right on cue, the warning bell chimed, signaling that they had under a minute to get to their classes before they would be late.

By second period Gym with Mr. Connors word had gotten around, and suddenly Kyle was swarmed with girls questioning his 'relationship' with Nicole.

"Wendy, for the last time, Nicole and I are NOT dating!!" Kyle groaned exasperatedly.

"That's not what I heard," Wendy smirked. "Red told Bebe that she heard that you and Nicole have been secretly dating behind Tolkien's back."

"Wouldn't I know who I am dating better than Red?" Kyle questioned, annoyed.

"I don't know...Pattie said that Annie saw the two of you getting cozy in the hallway."

"I give up!" Kyle shouted. "Think whatever you want."

"OMG!! You don't deny it!!" Wendy squealed before scampering off to her next class with Mrs. Choksondik.

Kyle held his head in his hands. What had he gotten himself into?

When lunch finally came around, Kyle was relieved but only for a moment. The second he entered the cafeteria, all eyes were on him, and students began whispering while glancing at him. Then, as Kyle sat down at his usual table, he was questioned. This time by his best friend.

"Dude!?! Is it true that you and Nicole are secretly dating? Our group already has tension with Clyde's group, and we don't want another game of thrones fiasco on our hands. Do you remember the last time everyone had to pick sides?!?!" Stan exclaimed.

"Calm down! Nicole and I are just friends. She had some extra tickets and invited me to go with her to the basketball game on Sunday." Kyle reassured.

"That might be true, but that's not how Tolkien is going to see it!" Stan argued.

"What do you mean might be true? Don't you trust me?" Kyle questioned offended.

"I do!" Stan pleaded. "I just hope you know what you are doing and that Nicole is worth it," Stan continued under his breath.