Chapter 15-The Wedding

Finally, the day had arrived. Shelly and Skylar were getting married.

For all the build-up the wedding seemed to have, the ceremony itself was somewhat lackluster. It was short and sweet yet got the main point of the function across so Kyle couldn't exactly complain.

Since the weather was beautiful, the wedding took place outdoors as originally planned. The November temperature was perfect. Not too hot or cold.

The leaves remaining on the trees surrounding the area were a blend of golden yellow, purplish red, and pumpkin orange. The beautiful colors gave the wedding a lovely backdrop.

"Hey Kyle," Eric acknowledged walking up to the other boy. Kyle took in the view appreciatively. Cleanly shaved with gelled back hair, Eric looked dapper in the black and white tux.

"You clean up nicely," Kyle complimented. His green eyes raked over the bigger boy earnestly.

"Thanks," Eric mumbled, his face warming up in embarrassment. Kyle looking at him like that left Eric feeling simultaneously giddy and flustered.

"You look great too," Eric admired the redhead in front of him. To Eric, that was an understatement. Kyle was radiant. The red head's usual wild nest of curls had been lightly tamed shining in the sunlight. Kyle was wearing a black and white suit with bronze cufflinks.

"Do you have any plans for the rest of the weekend?" Kyle asked.

"I got an internship at the local news station. It starts tomorrow!" Eric disclosed happily.

"That's awesome!" Kyle exclaimed. "Is that what you want to do after high school?"

"Yeah," Eric revealed. "The dream is to work for a big news station like Fox or something."

Kyle nodded in response with a smile. Although he didn't particularly like Fox, CNN, or any of the non-neutral channels, he was impressed that Eric already knew what he wanted to do with his life.

Plus, being a Fox News Anchor seemed like the perfect job for Eric, and he didn't mean it in a bad way.

Kyle still didn't have a semblance of what he wanted. At the moment the plan is to major in political science and go to law school like his father but, Kyle wasn't sure if that was what he truly wanted.

"What do you want to do?" Eric asked.

"I'm not sure yet, to be honest," Kyle confessed.

"It's okay," Eric assured. "You've still got plenty of time." Kyle smiled gratefully.

"I probably should head out," Kyle began. "I promised Kenny I'd drop him home after the wedding."

Even though the wedding had been short, it was already 3 pm in the afternoon. Many of the guests had already left or were helping clean up things.

"Okay," Eric replied. "I'll see you later."

Kyle waved goodbye and went off to find Kenny.

Kyle found Kenny talking to Tammy Warner, one of the boy's numerous exes. Kenny, spotting Kyle, finished up the conversation quickly and headed over.

"Hey, Kyle! Are you ready to go?" Kenny asked.

"Sure," Kyle replied. "But I got to ask, what was that about? Are you getting back together with Tammy?" Kyle was curious, especially because although the blonde had dated many girls over the years Tammy had always held a special place.

"I dunno," Kenny sighed. "Probably not, she's in her first year of cosmetology school and I'm finishing up my senior year of high school. I think we are on different paths at the moment."