chapter 18 - party (part I)

A few days later, everyone was preparing for the party at the station. Half of the team got the security guard job and the other half got the waiter job.

     Zayne ran through their plan one more time before handing out the communication devices. Everyone took one and put it on. 

     "We'll finally get him today, everyone be on alert." Zayne told them as they set off. The party wasn't starting in another few hours but they had to go early because of their jobs.

     Now, Zayne had a few hours to spare, he couldn't get into the party by himself even if he wanted to, he didn't have an invitation. He followed the team out and got into his own car. It was a little early but Adrian probably wouldn't mind, Zayne thought as he set off.

     He parked the car and walked up to the front door. He knocked and again the butler came out to greet him. 

     "This way, Mr Sterling." He stepped aside for Zayne to come in. Zayne nodded as he shut the door. He was going to lead Zayne up when he was stopped. 

     "Ah, I'll go myself." Zayne said. The butler nodded before he turned and left. Adrian should be in his room. Zayne took his time walking over, looking around the house at the same time.

     It was quite empty, no pictures or unnecessary furniture. It doesn't matter, the memories were the important ones. Zayne walked past the kitchen before heading up the stairs and the other day flashed through his mind.

     A smile crept across his face as he opened the door to Adrian's room. Adrian was changing with his back to the door. When he heard the door open, he glanced over to see who it was. Zayne stepped in and closed the door behind him.

     Adrian's expression softened the moment he saw Zayne. He finished fixing up his suit as Zayne walked over. "Why're you ready so early?" Zayne asked as he sat down on the bed and looked Adrian up and down. He looked a lot more formal than usual, which also meant a lot more handsome.

     "Would you rather I was shirtless?" Adrian asked as he walked over to his closet. Zayne pursed his lips, that doesn't sound bad. 

     "Maybe." He said as Adrian took a suit out of the closet with some matching shoes. "Too bad we have somewhere to be then. Here, get changed." Adrian chuckled as he handed Zayne the suit and put the shoes on the floor. 

     Zayne took the clothes and got up, heading towards the toilet. "Where are you going?" Adrian asked as he stopped him. Zayne shot him a questioning look. 

     "To get changed?" He said, it came out more of like a question. Adrian grabbed him and pulled him back over. "You can do that here, besides... I've already seen everything." He said in a low voice as he gave Zayne's butt a squeeze.

     Zayne flinched as he shoved Adrian away. "Fine, whatever." Zayne grumbled as he started to strip. Adrian stayed where he was and leaned onto the bed post, his eyes not leaving Zayne even for a second.

     His arms crossed across his chest as Zayne stripped into his boxers. Zayne was starting to get uncomfortable facing Adrian so he turned his back to him. 

     "Stop it." Zayne said, he could still feel Adrian staring. What he didn't know was that Adrian was walking over to him. "Stop what." Adrian leaned down to beside his ear and whispered. 

     His cold hands went to Zayne's bare waist, making Zayne shiver a little. Zayne turned his head to the side and locked eyes with Adrian. "Stop staring at me." Zayne replied as he struggled to move away.