chapter 19 - party (part II)

"He's here." Noah's voice came through the earbud, interrupting Zayne from his thoughts. Noah was positioned out front and he saw the target walking into the building.

     Zayne relayed the information to Adrian and watched the door, he would be walking in any minute now. Adrian turned to look too and soon, the target walked in. Zayne started to walk over but Adrian stopped him by grabbing onto his arm.

     "Wait for an opening" He instructed and pulled Zayne toward him. Zayne nodded but kept his eyes on the target, totally not minding that Adrian was so close. "I thought you're the officer here." Adrian continued in a lower voice so that only Zayne could hear him.

     "I am! I just can't wait to finally get him." Zayne said as he watched the target get a drink from the bar. "I can't wait too." Adrian hummed but Zayne wasn't listening. Their target was making his way to the empty balcony, this was his opening.

     "Everybody ready." Zayne said into his communicator as he looked up at Adrian. He gave a slight nod and Zayne started to make his way over to the target. "Here, take this." Adrian slipped a packet of cigarettes into his back pocket.

     Zayne gave him a questioning glance. "He's a smoker. It might help." Adrian told Zayne who nodded in reply. "Good luck.' He said softly as he leaned toward Zayne.

     His eyes trailed up from Zayne's lips to eyes as he leans in to kiss Zayne. Adrian's hand moved up and laced his fingers through Zayne's hair as their kiss deepens. Zayne was the first one to pull away.

     "Hey! I have a job to do. We'll continue this after okay?" He hummed and gave Adrian a peck on his lips before turning away. "After..." Adrian sighed and nodded.

     Zayne searched the grounds for their target and saw him alone outside. "The balcony at the side of the bar." Zayne informed everyone of the location and soon his team came into view.

     The team members that were undercover as servants and waiters were starting to gather loosely around the balcony. Adrian had followed Zayne over to watch the whole thing go down. This was it, Zayne was finally apprehending the person he's been after for so long.

     He took a deep breath to composed himself then walked out onto the balcony. "Party's not your scene?" Zayne said as he leaned onto the railing beside the target. He tried to sound as casual as possible.

     The target glanced over but didn't say anything. Zayne continued to pull out the packet of cigarettes he got from Adrian and lighted one for himself. This got the target's attention, he had turned to watch Zayne.

     "Want one?" Zayne offered between puffs. He reached over to take one out of the box and Zayne held the lighter out for him to light his cigarette. He took a few puffs then sighed, his whole posture relaxed onto the railings.

     Zayne took this as sign to start talking. "So... you here to sell?" He glanced sideways at Zayne and pulled his cigarette out. "Where'd you hear that from," He demanded.

     "I heard some of my friends talking, they say you're the best in town. I just happen to need a dozen to do some work for me, so you got any?" Zayne said, more to the point. He wanted to get this over with.

     "Of course, I have more than a dozen in my warehouse. I'll give you the best I got but it's going to cost you." He chuckled. Now it's down to business, Zayne needs to get him to admit that he's illegally selling kids.

     "The price doesn't matter, if you can produce I'll pay you whatever amount you want. I just need to be able to send them overseas." Zayne continued. The legal age to fly alone was about 11 or 12.

     "No problem! I'll give you a bunch of teens, around 12 and 13, they should do." He offered. This was it, this was all Zayne needed. "It'll be around $10,000. Pick a date and place and be there with the money, then we'll do the transaction." He continued talking.

     Zayne couldn't help but smile. "Thank you, that's all I need." He said as he slid his hand into his coat. He pulled out his gun and leaned towards him.

     Zayne pressed the head of his gun onto the guy's chest and positioned himself in such a way so that the people who were inside wouldn't be able to see the gun. "You're under arrest for illegal trafficking." Zayne said as he snuffed out his own cigarette against the balcony.

     "This is how it's going to go. You're going to act normal and walk out of this room and all the way to the carpark. I'll be behind you the whole time and if you try to signal to anyone or do anything weird, I will shoot you." Zayne told him what to do.

     He nodded and did as he was told. He walked back into the room with Zayne right behind him and his gun pressed onto his back. They slowly made their way through the crowd, with the team helping them clear a way to the outside.

     They passed by Adrian who started to trail behind them. Zayne didn't mind, he was planning to spend the rest of the night with Adrian anyway.

     Once they were outside, Zayne pulled out a pair of handcuffs from his coat and restrained him. "We're-" Zayne said into his communicator, he was about to tell the team members that were stationed outside to come over when he was interrupted.

     "Hey. How'd you find me here, not a lot of people knew I was going to show up." The target spoke up. Zayne raised an eyebrow at him. "I have my ways." He shrugged.

     The guy started to nod. "So this is it then, you're going to stuff me into the back of some car." Something's wrong, he's too calm. It's like he was expecting this. Zayne's eyebrows scrunched up and he pointed his gun at the guy's head.

     It only made him chuckle. "Did you really think I would not be prepared for something like this to happen. I'm a wanted man for many things." Zayne was starting to feel uneasy. He kept his gun raised and radioed for backup.

     The team members stationed outside would be over any second now. "Say what you like, but you're still going to be spending your next few years in jail." Zayne stated.

     "Not if you don't catch me." He said with a smirk on his face. Following that, Zayne heard some popping sounds and his hands were free.

     He had dislocated one of his thumbs and slide his hand out of the cuffs. Zayne's eyes widened. "Hands up! I will not hesitate to shoot you." Zayne threatened. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see that Noah had just arrived from his lookout spot.

     The target wasn't listening and was looking as calm as ever. He cracked his knuckles and stepped toward Zayne. "Really? Cause I don't think you're going to shoot." He said with confidence.

     That was when a gun shot sounded.

    Zayne felt a piercing pain through his chest. There was no way the target could have shot, he had no gun in his hand. Zayne's vision was starting to blur and the shouts from his teammates were incomprehensible.

     His hand went up to his chest, where the exit hole of the bullet was, and tried to stop the blood from coming out. Exit hole. Whoever that shot him was behind. With the last of the energy he had, he managed to stagger a few steps and turn around.

     The last thing he saw was Adrian Lorenzo with a gun in his hand.

sorry for the short update!! I'm also going to change my updating schedule to once a week (maybe twice if i can make it :))

Hope you guys liked this chapterr hehe