Chapter 10

Third Person POV:

Aurorawas practically vibrating with nerves as her and Alec walked throughthe corridors of Volterra castle that she had come to know and love.Demetri was trailing behind the couple still shocked with the newsthat had been revealed at the Cullen household and the length ofhostility that they still held to the Volturi- enough to try todeprive two people of happiness; the happiness that only a mate couldbring and for the first time in nearly 1000 years he found himselfwanting this kind of love. The love that the two people in front ofhim clearly held. The love that Marcus held for Didyme, the love thatonly a mate could bring. Searching for a mate is one of the onlykinds of need that a vampire had, the other being blood, a mate iswhat kept you grounded and happy in the long existence a vampire had.Demetri wanted that, seeing the love that had changed the male witchtwin had made Demetri change his mind about the thought of mates."It's okay Aura, they will love you because they want me happy"he could faintly hear Alec telling the Black tribrid. He stillcouldn't quite believe that Alec had fallen for a literal SleepingBeauty and he began to wonder what the female witch twin will do whenshe found out that Alec had been keeping this a secret from her fornearly a year. He mentally winced at the images that were coming upin his mind at what Jane would do to the tribrid. At long last, thetrio found themselves at the doors of the throne room which held theawaiting kings and guards, all par Marcus wondering why one of thewitch twins had ran out of the throne room like his life depended onit.

Auroralooked at Alec for reassurance and received it with a small squeezeof the hand before he pushed open the throne room doors with his freehand and walked in, Aurora holding his hand the whole time. Thethrone room itself was the quietest that Aurora had seen itthroughout her year there and she knew it was because Alec had comeback with a girl who was holding his hand as if her life and entireexistence laid on it. Carlisle and Esme immediately recognised thegirl who was holding Alec's hand and shared a look, they knew that itprobably hadn't gone down well with their family if Alec had wokenher up and saved her. The deep-rooted hatred that their family heldwith the Volturi was shocking and Carlisle couldn't believe how badit was considering he himself had actually stayed at the Volturi fora couple of decades before he settled down. He knew they weren't thatbad and figured the only reason that they were hated was because ofthe incident with Renesmee and Bella and Edward, which it was. Therest of the guard and the two kings were looking thoroughly confusedat why Alec had to run out of the throne room just to bring back agirl. Jane was the worst, she had no clue who this person was anddidn't like the way that her brother was looking at her (the girl notJane). Marcus was deeply amused with the situation and for the firsttime in nearly a millennia he smiled. Shocking everyone, he steppeddown from his throne and approached the couple in the middle of theroom. Demetri had already taken his place back next to Felix. "Itake it that you are Aurora, it is nice to finally meet you" Marcusspoke, the guards in the room were even more confused, Alec norMarcus had ever mentioned this Aurora before and they couldn't figureout why she was so important to Alec. "Brother, do you know aboutthis girl? Do you know about this situation?" Aro questioned, hisexpression would have been laughable in any other situation. But, itwasn't any other situation this was a serious one.
"Ofcourse I do, she is the reason that Alec has become happier and thatCarlisle and Esme are here. I kind of met her a couple of months ago.I had seen a bond connecting from Alec to another although I couldn'tsee the person even though they were supposed to be standing directlybehind Felix and Demetri in the throne room. This kept going on andslowly I watched as the bond strengthened and became brighter andbrighter as it grew, stronger by far then any other bond I had seen.Finally, I realised that I couldn't find the answer on the bond alonebecause no matter how much I tried to follow it and reached the end Iwouldn't find anyone there; so I asked Alec what was going on. Afterhe looked to what I assumed was air he told me. I was sworn tosecrecy which I completely understood because it would have made thesituation in the Cullen's coven worse so I kept it. Alec had everyreasonable reason to run out of the throne room today and judging bythe faces of himself and his mate I take it the situation back at theCullen's didn't go too well?" he directed the last part at thecouple who nodded their heads, confirming his theory that they didn'tlike Alec or the bond at all.
"Iam confused who are you and what do you have to do with the Cullen's"Aro asked. The girl shared a small glance at Alec who nodded his headreassuringly. Everyone could see how strong their bond was if a mereglance could tell more then words themselves could. Most of the guardwere simply shocked at the level of gentleness the male witch twin was givingthe unknown girl and some were just surprised that Alec had broughtback a girl for they thought that he would never find someone.