Chapter 8

Alec's POV:

It was the day. How could I tell? Aura was quieter then usual. Her face morphed into one of pain and yet some hope flickered in her eyes. She had drawn in on herself, something that I noticed she does a lot when she's sad or she knows something is going to happen. Like today.

"It's alright, Aura. I promised that we weren't going to split up nor are we going to do anything that you don't want to" I spoke trying to calm her down, she looked up at me with such vulnerability and sadness that it made my non-beating heart break.

"Promise me Alec, promise that no matter what we will stick together" her soft voice spoke. A tear ran down her face as she said this. Softly, I placed my hand on her cheek and brushed my thumb across where the tear ran.

"I promise. Always"

"and forever"

"for eternity"

*** time skip brought to you by Jacob imprinting on a baby***

It was later on in the day that we heard the shout "Esme! Esme! I found it" Carlisle yelled, his voice was full of excitement and joy. I was on guard duty in the throne room when this happened and looked across at Aura who's face cracked a shaky grin that couldn't have fooled a baby let alone me. Carlisle came running down to the throne room at full speed, Esme just behind him, a book was clutched in his hand.

"Well Carlisle?" she questioned, urgency laced into her tone.

"She has to be kissed. Her body I mean, by her soulmate. It says that she has fifteen years since she was born to find him and that she will be a ghost, a mere soul drifting around. If she does not find him within her first fifteen years of life, she will be a ghost for the rest of her existence until her physical body is destroyed" he read from the page. My head snapped towards him and I looked to Marcus who subtly nodded in my direction before taking off out of the throne room, the door slamming shut behind me with a loud thud from the amount of pressure I had flung it open with. I faintly heard Aro question what I was doing and that Demetri should follow me. I didn't much care, I had to get to my soulmate's body as quickly as physically possible. Luckily, I was a vampire.

My feet skimmed against the ocean as I ran at an impossible speed over it to Forks. I could hear Demetri following me. I couldn't let him catch me and take me back; Aura's soul, her entire existence was resting on me getting to her body. I could see her out of the corner of my eye following after me, floating just above the water. I finally reached the dry land of America and started running in the direction of Forks, Washington DC following the path to Seattle and then to Forks. The same path that I had ran years ago when we were coming after Aurora's mother. The hybrid. I still can't believe that I am willingly coming into their house to help them. No. I am helping Aurora not the Cullen's, Aurora.

It was five minutes later, Demetri still had not caught me. I may have used my mist on him back in Seattle to get ahead a bit more. He's a tracker and a Volturi guard he was trained to catch people and bring them to Aro. Besides, he can find and catch me after I had saved Aurora from her fate. The house was just in front of me now. I knew the pixie Cullen hadn't seen me coming as it was a split second decision to abandon everything and come running here. The mind reader was by the balcony and must have sensed my mind but, I didn't pay him any mind. Trapping him in his own mind and running straight through the house in search of my mate until I finally found her with her parents standing in front of her body, their backs towards me. I skidded to a stop outside the room and walked in. The smell of wet dog was pungent in the air but, like everything else I didn't pay it any attention-a beautiful scent was drowning it out. It smelt of roses and vanilla, a delicious scent that I could drown in forever but, now wasn't the time.

I pushed past the mutt and hybrid to get to their, no MY tribrid. The mutt growled and tried to get to me. I used my sense deprivation on them too. By now, the whole house had been alerted and Demetri had caught up and was now in the room too. Like everything else I ignored them, my whole focus on the one being that truly mattered in this long existence. Aurora. Leaning down despite the protests and fights to get to me (which were all in vain by the way) I kissed her. Full on the lips. An agonising yell left her lips and a scream of pain escaped her. It hurt to know that I caused this pain. I could feel my face contorting into one of pain that was mirrored by the beauty in front of me. I kept repeating it over and over like a mantra 'its for the best, she will be better after this. Whole'. It didn't help.

I watched as her soul, her ghost gravitated towards her body and got sucked in. Her shrieks never ending. I watched as a golden light surrounded her and she started to float. Everyone, the Cullen's included, was watching. She started to lower and now she only let whimpers escape instead of agonising screams. Her face morphed into one of peace and slowly, her eyes flickered. She squeezed them shut and then slowly opened them again; revealing hazel eyes that held sparks of happiness. It shocked me how much of a beauty she was when she was grey but, that beauty held nothing towards the one that was now sitting up in front of me.

She looked around clearly confused before she looked at me and that confusion cleared and a look that could only be described as adoration and love appeared on her face. With a speed that could rival a full vampire she ran and tackled me in a hug squeezing me tight and placing her face in the crook of my neck. I smiled a true and happy smile squeezing her tight. "Thank you" she whispered as she pulled away, seeming to forget about everyone else in the room.

"Well I made a promise didn't I?" I replied with a smirk. She rolled those beautiful doe eyes that I fell in love with and pulled my head down so that she could attach my lips to hers. As soon as she did, I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her body flush against mine.
"What the actual fuck?" Demetri questioned making both myself and Aura spring apart and look at each other. I'm pretty sure if I was human my face would be identical to a tomato-Aura's certainly was.
"What do you think that your doing?!" The hybrid screeched "you come in here, kiss my daughter, somehow make her wake up just for you to manipulate and kiss her again!"
"Mother please-" Aura began just to get cut off again
"No! Don't mother me-how do you even know the Witch twin? You've been stuck asleep for the past four years!" She shrilled
"Well I haven't-" Aura tried to explain
"No! I won't have it! I won't allow it! You can't be with the Witch twin, with anyone from the Volturi they tried to kill me!"
"Please, it was a misunderstanding and your not even listening to your daughter while she's trying to explain the situation! Besides it's against the law to keep soulmates apart" Demetri stated this time and I sent a grateful look his way.
"Explain then" the bloodbag, wait she doesn't have any blood running the rough her veins anymore what can I call her instead? The mind-reader growled at the nickname. Honestly, I think I'm going to go with bitch... she certainly acts like one. The mind-reader glared at me, his glare was like one of a kitten compared to the ones that I've received from Jane. "Well..." Aura started before she looked at me for help. I walked over to her and took her small hand in mine, loving the feeling of warmth that ran through it instead of the ice cold shock. "I woke up about a year ago, I could see everything for the first time and I saw two people who I later found to be my parents sobbing over my body. I was confused, I mean who wouldn't be in my situation? I explored the house and when I saw a mirror I saw a translucent girl staring back at me. It was a couple of days later that Carlisle suggested he go to the Volturi for help. I decided to go with him because it was too depressing to stay. Nobody could see me, hear me, touch me. I couldn't stay. So I left with Carlisle and Esme. It was a couple of weeks after we left that I met Alec. He was the first and only person to see me in my ghost form. He found me snooping in the Elite guards wing, his room to be exact. I had been attracted to the scent there. It was drawing me in. Too say he scared me when he asked who I was and what I was doing there would be an understatement. We got close and a couple of months ago, Marcus found out through our bond that he could see. When Carlisle found out how to completely wake me up, Alec left and ran all the way here. And well here we are"  she finished and sent a small smile around the room to reassure everyone she was okay and alive-sort of. We stood there in an awkward silence just looking at each other before the bitch spoke in a chilling tone "get out"