Chapter 2

Aurora's POV:
It's been a couple of days since I joined Carlisle and Esme at the Volturi. They have actually been quite respectable towards them given the fact that they wanted to kill the two of them a couple of years ago. I think that letting Carlisle use the library and their knowledge is a way of trying to get forgiveness from them but knowing Carlisle, well from what I know about him at the moment which isn't really much, they already had it the minute they decided not to fight.
Nobody can see me still, but it's way mor fun here then the Cullen's house. There is always something going on whether it be a trial or Felix and Demetri trying to 'dazzle' (A/N: See what I did there? Only true Twilight fans will understand that reference. Also I just finished reading Midnight Sun, is it me or is it just not as good as Bella's version? It might just be because the books don't seem to appeal to me as much anymore. I still like Twilight otherwise I wouldn't be here now. But the fanfics just seem to be better then the books and films now though. Anyway enough of my ranting, this was only meant to be a short note... BACK TO THE STORY!) the receptionist. There attempts at flirting are pitiful at best and yet she just laps it up! I suspect it's because she thinks that if she can get in their good books she'll have a better chance at being a vampire. Yeah, good luck not being their desert honey! I haven't actually run into the witch twins yet... and part of me is thankful for that even though they won't be able to see me. From what I've heard and read about they are the powerhouses of the Volturi and the scariest people you will ever meet. Even scarier then Aro's laugh which is truly terrifying to any who have heard it! Even though I have been here for a couple of days I still haven't been everywhere in the castle and still manage to get lost sometimes. There's just so much in the castle, so many places to explore and people to spy on.
Right now I am actually exploring another part of the castle, not many people come here so I suspect it's either restricted or only certain guard members can come in-probably the elite guard, I have. Only seen Demetri and Felix in here so far. As I walk down a corridor I smelt the most amazing scent... vanilla and pine trees an unlikely combination but enticing all the same. Unconsciously my nose started to follow the amazing smell to a door. I walked through it (I'm a ghost thing I can go through walls) and arrived in a room which was covered in the scent. I come back out of the room to look at the name plate on the door and my eyes unconsciously widen. Written on the door was a name feared by most of the vampire world: Alec.
Why was he scent so enticing? Why did the amazing scent have to be part of the Volturi? The most feared part no less? And yet sitting here in his room surrounded by the scent mulling over what I have found out, I can't bring myself to be afraid.
I had been so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice when the door opened and someone walked in. Not until they spoke anyway "who are you and why are you in my room?"