Contract

Once loaded into the van, it followed the ambulance. Only silenced filled the space. Fang wasn't stupid. He knew what he had done signed his death. He only hoped someone would take pity on them and save his friend. Then it was all worth it.

"Look, I understand that Hawk is your closest friend." Tempest broke the silence. "But I don't think getting yourself chained was worth it if no one is willing to help."

Fang glared. He couldn't retort because of how they had him chained up. A cloth and a metal mussel strapped and locked to the back of his head. Arms crossed over his chest and bound tightly with large leather bands. Then several large chains were completely wrapped around his torso. They were locked with special locks that required two different keys held by two different humans to open them. Last his ankles were chained together so he couldn't step greater than a small amount. Humans knew that this was the only way to control unrulily Beasts.

"You can't fault him for his loyalty." Aurum spoke up.

Tempest signed. "I know."

"Honestly, if Fang didn't run out there, I would have. So, either one of us would be in this situation regardless." Aurum made it a point to glare at the lazy feline.

Tempest turned away from the Canines. "I understand it but we shouldn't count on these humans to show us decency."

Fang and Aurum both sighed. Tempest spoke truthfully but Fang knew this already. Humans never looked at them more than something to benefit from. Whether it was experiments, hard labor, or a way to control the masses. They were only disposable and not even worth looking at like they had lives, family, dreams, or a will of their out. It's why they will forever be known as Beasts.

*****

Inside the hospital sat a woman at her desk. Her long, medium blonde hair, gray eyes, and round features were busy working on paperwork. Across from her on the opposite side of her desk sat 2 chairs. They were for guests or patients that needed to talk with her. To her right was a couch. Often, she slept on that couch during late nights or long shifts. The opposite wall held floor to ceiling books. Some were medical but others were for pleasure. She spent more time in her office than at home, so it was only fitting she'd made it more cozy for herself.

A knock on her office door caused her to look up from her work. "Enter."

Another woman with black pixie hair and green eyes walked in. "Doctor Parks, why are still here? Didn't you get a call?"

Doctor Parks looked confused. "What call? I received no call."

Sasha closed the door behind her and sat down in one of the chairs. "A bridge collapsed this morning and during recovery there was an injury. A pretty serious one. The higher ups have called all surgeons in the building to meet at the ambulance bay to assess."

"Oh Sasha...." Doctor parks returned to her paperwork. "They wouldn't call me for that. Only if the other well qualified surgeons weren't up for the task."

Sasha looked shocked. "But Holly... The injured is a Beast man."

Holly froze. "That's impossible. How sure are you of this?"

"A nurse on one of the other surgeon's team that was called gloated about it." Sasha just stared at Holly to show her how serious this was.

Holly took a deep breath. "Who was the one that made the calls?"

"Henry." Sasha rolled her eyes.

"THAT SON OF A BITCH!!!!" Holly swiped all of her work off her desk. "WHO DOES THAT JACKASS THINK HE IS!!??"