Prologue

"There was once a man who tried to better the lives of mankind. Spent all of his money on an enormous plot of land to turn it into his testing site. With high hopes and an ego unmatched, he set out to cure all diseases. At first the failures were just steppingstones to his succession. However, over time, the scientist's ego and failures pushed him past the noble onto the science fiction. He began to believe the crossing the genes of a human and the genes of domesticated animals was the only way. 

In his head, the idea seemed sound. The number of documented diseases that either animal or human could contract would rarely if ever cross over into the other species. He saw this as the perfect solution. The only logical way for humans to advance. Building a better human/beast hybrid became all-consuming to him. Pushing him to a point of madness.

When he presented his radical idea to his fellow colleagues, he was laughed out of the halls of the scientific community. Most saying it was absolutely impossible to create such a beast. They continued to ridicule him for wasting his money and their time with the nonsense he was spewing. 

After that day, the man was determined to prove them wrong. Silently, he worked the next 30 years creating the hybrid he envisioned. In the privacy of his land, he worked tirelessly without the aid of the community he had already dedicated his life too. Which was hard since he could no longer ask for volunteers anymore. To which required him to do some unspeakable acts. 

It wasn't until the police began to take notice of the unaccountable people from the town that the University stepped in. Fearful that their disgraced colleague had done something morally wrong, they informed the government about his hidden land and of his corrupt ideals. It didn't take them long to step in and raid his place. The chaos from that one advent changed everything. 

The police found the man in squaller. Cages everywhere with different beasts within. Most were malnourished if not already gone. Some were the faces of known missing people, others were unrecognizable. A few cops had to excuse themselves to throw up outside because of the sight and smells that were permeating from inside. Out back, the police found unmarked body piles of the kidnapped people that failed the experiments. It was a sight that no one will recover from.

 While trying to apprehend the man, he injected himself with the serum that was the most effective. Sadly, he ended up taking his own life days later as he was unable to turn into a beast man, himself. Afterwards, the government stepped in and walled in the entire property. Warning us at the time that most of the beasts the man created were unaccounted for. That the Wall is here for our protection. It's been years since then and we are tracking the beasts, but it doesn't mean it's safe for us there. No matter how much they evolve they will always be monsters." The old man informed the group of children. All of them enthralled and hanging on to every word of the story from the old man.

As the old man continued talking, one little girl with platinum blonde hair was too enthralled with looking at the imposing wall. Studying every inch. Looking at every detail. The original wall was replaced with what was there now. Large slabs of concrete reinforced with crowbar and taller than several stories high. On top, there was two full metal mesh fences. One that bowed to prevent humans to climb over and another that bowed to stop the beasts from jumping over.

However, there wasn't just a wall. Every few hundred yards was a tower. When the government took over and encased the beasts, it created a specialized military that are trained to watch them. They reside within these towers. Barred windows are prominent around the top to be able to see both sides. They are also able to walk between the towers on top of the wall between the two metal mesh fences. It was a fortress and one the little girl wished she could crack. 

The sound of a door opening caused the little girl to turn from her examination. She watched as a man in a military uniform walk out of a steel door that was in a watch tower to her left. Normally those doors would only open when it was the changing of the guards. Those inside would open the door as it wasn't able to be open from the outside, then they would switch and then the door would close until the next shift change. Happening only once a week. What was weird was that it wasn't the time to change the guards yet. She watched as the military man paused in the doorway to talk to someone else. Leaving the door, open. It was like a divine gift. She couldn't help herself. She slowly made her way to the open door.