An Attempt for Stupidity

Fang walked back to the room where they had set up Hawk. When Hawk was first rolled in all the nurses made them wait out in the hallway until they were done. When he returned, only his teammates were there. 

Looking around, he gasped at his friend. He took notice of all the machines. They were beeping and recording things that he didn't understand. All of the wires and tubes that were sewed into Hawk's body, keeping him alive. It was surreal.

"Where did you go off to?" Aurum asked.

"I had business with the doctor." Fang vaguely answered.

"I bet you did." Aurum teased. "Betcha gave her a good...oomph!"

Tempest elbowed Aurum in the gut, cutting him off. "Stop that. Regardless of his business with her, it's none of ours."

"Oh, come on. I was just messing." Aurum rubbed his gut. 

Tempest was about to say something, but there was a knock at the door. Fang opened the door since he was the closest. On the other side wasn't someone he hoped to ever see again. That young man that the doctor yelled at this morning was angerly standing at the door. He didn't like this.

"I see your friend survived." The man sauntered in.

"No thanks to you." Fang growled.

"Well, my fiancé is the one you should be bowing too. I've told her time and time again to give up on her weird fascination of you beasts, but she's so bullheaded." Henry walked over to look at the vitals but touched nothing. "That will all change when we marry. She'll be the housewife she was always meant to be."

"Dude, I'm pretty sure she yelled at you this morning saying that she didn't even like you." Aurum brought up the conversation.

"Oh that?" Henry chuckled. "She does that often. I know what's best for her, but I told you she's bullheaded. As a way to get back at me, she claims that she doesn't like me, when I know better."

Aurum looked to Tempest and Fang. Both of them had similar faces to his. Confused. Was this man crazy or was he telling the truth? The doctor didn't seem like the type to play games like that, but then again, she was human too. Reading Humans were hard for Beasts.

"What do you want?" Fang growled through his teeth.

"Oh yes, what I want." Henry squared up to Fang but stayed out of reach. "I want you to remember that you were lucky. My fiancé might act nice and treat you well, but it's all for show. It means nothing. Don't forget what you are. It's all a game to her. The worst off the patient the better credit she gets. It's one of the reasons I fell in love with her. Whether or not your friend wakes, you will leave. Back to the cage you belong in, and we'll forget all about your existence. Going on with our happy lives."

Fang wanted to rip this person's throat out. The way this human talked about the doctor was nothing like how he saw her. How she presented herself to them. A part of him wished that this man was just full of nonsense, but the truth is they don't know how the doctor acts outside of work. He doesn't know the doctor. She could be every bit of this person he talks about. Manipulating them so spectacularly that they trust her even if she's human.

Henry walked past Fang and towards the door. "You're a monster and she's an angel. MY angel. Don't think for a second that our two worlds could ever intertwine."

Henry left chuckling at himself. Fang didn't know what to think. He looked to Tempest and Aurum for a bit of guidance. Tempest looked sad, but it was Aurum that had the outburst.

 "WHAT AN ARROGANT, POMPOUS ASSHOLE!!!" Aurum growled loudly.

"Aurum, please. This is a hospital. People are trying to recover." Tempest tried to calm him down.