Results

Holly passed the syringe off to her nurses. They were already well aware of what to do without direct instructions. Holly didn't lie when she said she had some protocols in place when it comes to Henry. Including having as many paper trails as possible. She didn't want that nurse to claim that Holly falsified the results as a way to hurt her. Which would be a way that Henry would get away with it.

Leaving her nurses to it, Holly stowed away in her office. She had a long day. Everything that she had planned was reworked around Hawk's surgery. She needed to reschedule the patients she originally had for the day for another time. Then she needed to get back to all the paperwork she was already behind on. She'll leave Hawk to her nurses for a while as she gets things done and wait for a very important call.

First were the patients she had someone else notified that she had an emergency surgery and needed to reschedule their appointments. Most seemed understandable with the reasoning, but she did have a couple that were upset they needed to wait another day or two. No matter what she said, she had to understand that she couldn't please everyone.

After all of the calls, she was able to sit down and work on paperwork. She tried to work on them every day, but it's hard when she's called for so many things. Being the best only meant that her paperwork suffered. So, she'll concentrate on it now as she waited for her phone call.

Several hours later Holly's phone starts ringing, and she quickly answers it. "Doctor Parks..."

"Hey, Hall. So, I got all the information that you wanted." Jane, her attorney, informed.

"I knew you would. Spill. Who's the ones who do that?" Holly had a mixture of excitement and anger in her voice.

"It's your hospital. I don't know what they are testing for or about, they won't tell me. Claim that it's patient/doctor privilege, but I doubt that." Jane sounded pissed.

"Then what did you do for me?" Holly knew her friend was the best at what she does.

"I told them that you'd drop the case against them if they hand over all procedures on Beast people to you. That's include a state-of-the-art hospital inside the wall, a house just for you, and a staff that you select personally. Basically, giving you everything you need to do what they do on the first of the month, every day for the Beast people." Jane now sounded proud of herself.

"So, I'll have my own practice inside the wall? A state of the art, everything I need, never bothering me about deadlines, so I can help the beast people the way I want, practice?" Holly sounded happy.

"Yes. They were hesitant at first, but when I explained that you have, not only phone records, but also video evidence of their breach of contract, they were a little more willing to oblige. I think we'll have an agreement and breaking ground soon." Jane explained.

"You are the BEST! Have I told you how much I love you?" Holly smiled, excited about getting her dream.

"You have, but it doesn't hurt to hear it more often." Jane could hear how happy Holly was. "Now I'm off to start negotiations. I'm hoping they won't push back to hard, but don't be surprised if they fight tooth and nail over every minute detail."

"I understand. I'll wait with bated breath for your call." Holly hung up the phone.

Holly started to dance around her office. Jane and Holly grew up orphans. They met in high school and bonded over being adopted by loving families. Though Jane's family wasn't as wealthy as Holly's adopted father, it didn't stop her from getting her own practice by the time she was 30. A knock on her door stopped the celebration.

Straightening herself up, she called out. "Enter."

Natalie and Sasha both entered. They both had sour expressions on their faces. The time for celebrations were over. The results for the drug in the syringe have finally come back. Holly braced herself for what they were about to tell her. Nothing she did could have prepared her for the results.