Lives Intertwined

Holly spent hours focusing on fixing Hawk. After getting done with the easy breaks, she moved on to the more complex trauma. Thing was that Hawk had a bleed somewhere in his abdomen, but it wasn't to the point of emanate danger yet. She knew that once she opened his chest up, it would be an uphill battle. She needed nothing else to distract her.

"Doctor..." Sasha's voiced pulled Holly out of her concentration. "One bag of blood has been processed. The other is next. The tub is full, and I'd like a moment of rest to change it out."

"Of course." Holly nods to signal Sasha switch out with Natalie. 

Holly had placed a tub underneath where she was working to collect as much of his own blood as she could. The tub wasn't very big, but it held enough for a single bag. They had fixed both easy breaks before this first tub was full. She wanted to make sure she could salvage every drop she could. Afterwards, it would be processed and then returned back to him. 

The 2 bags from the other Canine Beasts she'd have to use once she opens him up. If the bleed is too severe, she'll have to ask for more blood. That wouldn't be very good. As more blood is demanded, less is actually available for the doctor. Fang and Aurum couldn't give more than 2 bags each. Anymore and they would be in danger of having problems. Then she'll have 3 patients that need blood. So, this tub idea was her only solution for keeping Hawk her only patient. 

"He's still watching you." Nat whispered to Holly.

"I know..." Holly tried to not to look up at him.

Every time Holly moved, she could feel his eyes. Watching her. Waiting for her to do what he expected her kind to do. Try as she did, she couldn't help herself to meet his eyes. They were colder than she remembered. Although, they still held a quizzical sense to them.

"Is all what you said true?" Nat couldn't help herself. "He doesn't remember you?"

Holly hummed. She couldn't help but feel sadden by their reunion. Even though it had been over two decades since they were once children, she recognized him in an instant. Even before he told her his name. That day was held so close to her heart. A part of her had hoped he did as well, but he didn't recognize her. To her that day was the start of everything. To him, that day was just a bother.

"Okay. Every other wound has been dealt with. Let's take a break, then set up to tackle the abdomen." Holly went to stripped out of her stuff to get a moment.

Before Holly could even get her second glove off, Fang's voice went over the intercom. "What are you doing?"

Holly looked up to answer. "Taking a short recess before giving my full attention on Hawk's possibly worst wound."

"Why?" Fang growled.

"Because I'm mortal and even I can't stop when nature calls." Holly tried not to be offended.

Fang growled more but didn't say anything. He watched as the doctor and a couple nurses left. He didn't like not being able to help. Watching his friend from the other side of the glass was the hardest thing he had to endure. He hated being useless.

"Fang, bud, sit down." Aurum tried to calm his friend down. "Hawk is in good hands."

Fang growled but didn't take his eyes off his friend.

"Aurum, you need to leave him be." Tempest interjected. "Nothing you can say will make him move."

"I just think Hawk would hate to know that Fang just stood there waiting with a scowl on his face." Aurum reasoned.

"I'm sure Hawk of all people wouldn't expect less from Fang." Tempest replied.

Silence fell again in the room. No one wanted to be the first to speak up. It wasn't until the door to the stairs opening that caused the quiet to break. The nurse with dark hair entered. She took a moment to look at every single one of them before she spoke.