25 Years Later...

Fang shot up out of a deep sleep. It took a moment before his surroundings became familiar to him again. His bedroom in his house. It was all just a dream. Looking to the clock on his nightstand, he saw that it was barely after 3 am.

"Uhg, Why am I dreaming of her again?" Fang asked the darkness.

Getting up, Fang saunters out his bedroom. He heads down the stairs and into the kitchen. As he's opening the fridge for a cold bottle of water, he sees the calendar attacked to the door. A long-dejected sigh escaped his lips. It was that time of year again. The blooming flowers. The birds chirping. Love and romance filling the air. Spring.

"I can't believe it's been another year already." Fang admitted aloud before taking a large swig of water.

It was the spring of his 8th year. That's when he met her. Holly. She may have been a meager, frail, and insignificant human to anyone else, but not him. This tiny human talked to him as if he was a superhero. Light and admiration shined in her eyes. She blurted out questions and praises to him that made him feel as if he was the most important Beast in the whole world. To think he would meet someone who didn't see him just as the angry brat of the General, but as individual. A someone who could do anything or be anyone he wanted.

Then she was gone. Sacrificing herself for his dumbass. What he would've had to endure for talking to her wouldn't have been anything he couldn't have handled. Compared to her punishment, his would have been child's play. If he was stronger then, he would have saved her, but he just let her go. There will never be another like her, so he reserved his life to one of loneliness.

Fang takes a seat on the stool next to the counter. Spring has always been the worst time of year for him. Taking a sip of his water, he's starts to remember all the painful memories of his past. Holly was the beginning of what started a long line of shitty situations that happened only in the Springtime. Luckily it wasn't every year, but it meant that when something did happen it was life altering. 

10 years after everything that happened with Holly, his mother passed away of an unknown illness. It was a very difficult time for him. At 18, he had to deal with her death alone as his father lost himself inside of a bottle. It took finding love for a second time to get his father back. Fang's stepmom was a wonderful person and he'll forever be grateful to her for saving his dad. Plus, she also gave him a brother, which was also very wonderful.

Next was an incident right before his 30th birthday. Fang essentially became a single parent. His father and his stepmother were murdered. Another wolfman snuck into their home and filled it with poisonous gas. turned out that he was in love with Fang's stepmother and was furious that the General tricked her into marrying him. He planned on a night that the General would be alone. Leaving the stepmom to be able to return to him. Too bad for him that Fang's stepmother plans got canceled. The wolfman cried at the loss of his beloved.

Fang wanted to scream at the guy before ripping his throat out. Unfortunately, he would never get the chance to see that wolfman pay for his crimes. After he was arrested, the wolfman committed suicide in his cell a week later. He couldn't take what he had done to his beloved and sentenced himself to death before standing actual trial. A terrible ending to another terrible year.

Yet, Fang was glad he still had his little brother. That night his brother was spending the night with him. A brotherly bonding thing they do every Friday night. So, Fang still had family left and wasn't completely alone. It was hard at first, but after some time they both came to an understanding. Allowing both of them to heal the best way they could. 

Years have passed since then and Fang is part of a guard unit. Following in his father's footsteps. It helps channel his aggression. Though, he notices that after each passing year, his anger towards the world only grows. The humans have forced some ridiculous new rules that have forced his people to live in pain and suffering. He doesn't know how, but he hopes to change things before his little brother grows up.