Another Chapter

"Just a little farther," Allison assured. Henry supported Sammy, while Norman practically carried Tom, despite the flaming expression the mechanic was giving. Buddy kept throwing empty soup cans behind them, keeping the Wanderers at a relatively safe distance.

Finally, Allison kicked open a door and ushered everyone inside. The six people quickly filled the small space, though it didn't stop Henry's old war medic experience. There were injured people and they needed to be taken care of immediately.

"Norman, sit Tom down and keep his leg straight. Sammy, sit here. Buddy, help him keep that ankle raised. I need to heal his side and back first."

No one argued and the orders were carried out quickly.

Henry's eyes lit up and he began to work on Sammy's wounds. In a matter of minutes, the scores across his back were snugly sealed and the abused wound in his side properly patched.

It was while straightening his ankle that Henry discovered the consequences for using his powers too much.

What started as a cold ache behind his skull left over from the fight suddenly became like two icicles shoved through his eyes and up the insides of his wrists.

He yelled and recoiled, eyes streaming like faucets. He was aware of a hand on his back and someone calling his name. By screwing his eyes shut and burying his head between his knees, Henry managed to get the cold pain to subside.

"Henry?" Allison asked, "What was that?"

"I-..." he brushed gold ink from his eyes, "I think I overused my power."

The angel gasped, "Your hand!"

Henry turned his shaking hands over. Gold veins pulsed under the skin of his fingers and palm. It felt like freezing fire.

"Henry,"

He looked up at Sammy.

"It's okay, don't kill yourself for this. We'll survive."

"But-"

"Stein, do not argue with me on this!" Sammy swallowed his outburst, "Just... how would you handle this like a normal person?"

Henry's gaze started searching the room, "We- we need to make splints. Uh, straight bits of wood, strips of cloth, paper..."

Allison jumped up and started pulling the items out of a trunk. "I knew hoarding stuff like this would pay off," she said.

Tom huffed.

Henry's hands were still shaking too hard to help, but, with his instruction, Buddy and Allison were able to wrap Sammy's ankle and splint Tom's leg. Henry hated that he could tell their injuries were uncomfortable, but he could hardly think about using his power without a cold pulse spiking behind his eyes.

Allison made him lie down and breathe.

He was initially going to argue, but something about her being a basically superhuman angel with two katanas strapped to her hips made her rather convincing.

Since Henry's headache was starting to subside, Allison sat beside him and made some small talk. Mainly questions. "So, you didn't seem surprised to see us."

"I kinda figured you'd come in to save my butt at the last minute. You always do."

"Hm. I've... never told you my name."

A pit of dread settled in Henry's stomach. "You don't remember at all? The last cycle? We beat Joey and Bendy took control."

Allison considered this. Her brow knit close in thought. She sighed and tossed her hand like she didn't remember, then it hit her about as hard as a cartoonishly large anvil.