The Creator

Sammy exited the door rubbing the ring Susie gave him. The presence of fake Wally dampened his mood. "Okay, I found everything. Can I go now?"

"Not yet," not-Wally deadpanned. Ink splashed across the exit door in the shape of a hand with ink-tipped fingers, "There is one more."

Sammy sighed at the ceiling. "Of course. Because why not."

"Survive this, and you may yet see your friends again," not-Wally stepped aside to let Sammy pass.

"If I survive this," Sammy pointed at not-Wally, "I'm punching you in the face."

The fake said nothing.

Sammy opened the door to what he hoped was the last void he'd ever have to be in.

Something shifted under Sammy's feet. Lines crisscrossed every which way across the ground. Sammy shuffled his feet and the lines shifted as well. He crouched and hooked his fingertips under one of the lines. It lifted easily, and Sammy held up a sheet of black paper.

He turned it over a few times. Blank. He picked up another sheet, then another, then dug his hands through the layers of paper, getting up to his elbows before deciding to stop. Was the entire floor just paper?

Strange. Whose Husk would be in here?

He stood up and looked around. "Ahem. Is anyone in here? Anyone else I've killed or wronged?"

The void gave no answer.

"Look, if maybe you could give me some direction we can get this over with. Hello?"

Silence.

Sammy sighed, "Alright. Fine. The door was back there, so I guess I'll walk away from it." He started off in a huff, "Stupid voids and their stupid games with their stupid, dangerous Husks."

"Hello?"

Sammy stopped. "H-hello?"

"Who's there?" a voice asked.

Sammy turned toward the voice's direction. A man knelt a distance away. Sammy cautiously stepped toward him, "Henry?"

The man turned, "Sammy?"

Sammy's heart leapt into his throat as he sprinted forward, "Henry!" He reached his friend and slid to his knees, wrapping Henry in a hug, "Oh my stars, I thought you were gone forever but you're actually here!"

Henry pushed himself out of Sammy's embrace, "Sammy, what- how-... what are you doing here?"

"Rescuing you, of course!" Sammy exclaimed, "I can't believe I'd find you here, but it makes sense!"

"Sammy-"

"Now all we have to do is get you out of here-"

"Sammy..."

"-find Bendy and Norman and get you back to your body! It'll be a happy ending after all!"

"Sammy!"

"What?"

"You can't."

Sammy stuttered. "Uh... w-what? Of course we can! I've helped like five others already and I know the spells to get you back-."

"No, you don't understand, there's-... it's not possible anymore. You can't help me or yourself anymore. You're trapped."

"Wh-... what? What are you talking about?"

Henry's eyes fell to the floor as his fists curled on his knees. "This is just a distraction. You're being kept busy in these tests, these... Demon Trials. The Demon King has been doing everything to solidify its grip on the Studio. By now it's absolute. There's no way out."