Curtain Call

Bendy woke with a start and panic flooded his ink. In both hands he held a part of Henry; one, his soul, the other, his mind. He gripped them tight, painfully aware of what would happen if he let go.

His chest heaved. He was still trapped in a circle with the Demon King. It had been staggered from the abrupt mental sever but was recovering and snarling furiously. If even one of those claws struck Bendy, it would all be over.

Bendy turned to the invisible wall and lit up his hands. Gold ink sloughed away a section of the barrier. It melted into a thin pudding-like film that Bendy scrambled through. He pulled his tail through just as the Demon King wedged a claw under the barrier.

The barrier solidified. A switchblade finger fell severed to the floor and melted into a thin puddle.

Bendy found his feet. His hands kept tight grips on Henry. He looked toward where Henry's body lay. He ran. The Demon King roared. Bendy tried to ignore it.

He laid his hands on Henry's body. His soul and consciousness locked into place.

The Demon King roared.

Bendy kept his eyes on Henry. "Come on... come on! Please!"

The Demon King tore up the floor inside the circle. The barrier weakened.

Henry still wasn't waking up.

Bendy looked at the Demon King. He might have to make an escape.

No. He couldn't leave Henry.

The barrier kept crumbling.

Bendy stood and stared down the Demon King. His sight blurred with tears and he couldn't hear much over his panicked breathing.

His soul glowed and gold bled into his gloves.

The barrier broke.

The Demon King lunged.

A cold hand cupped Bendy's chest.

He felt his soul connect with another.

Another hand reached past him and toward the Demon King.

Power lurched.

Ink wrapped around the Demon King's face.

Bendy was knocked to the ground as the hands swung toward the door.

The Demon King was flung out of the room.

Henry stood up and kept his hands outstretched.

He stood before the door. Ink lined its opening. His hands drew together. Black and gold ink sealed a translucent window.

"Bendy. Circle." Henry's focus never left the doorway.

"Uh-... r-right..." Bendy regained his feet and started collecting the remains of the containment circle. "I-it's gonna be smaller. A lot of the floor is torn up."

"Just... big enough to throw it in."

Bendy inspected the floor and found a space wide enough for what he needed. He started drawing. The lines were straight and harsh, invisible chains threading through each stroke. Anything with a shred of life that came into contact with this circle would be ripped from its body.

The circle was finished and a reddish haze ignited within it.

Meanwhile, the Demon King recovered from getting thrown. It charged the barrier Henry was holding up, fully expecting to break right through it.

Henry smirked. The Demon King's shoulder folded and snapped as it slammed into the window. It staggered back and shrieked in pain.

"You never had a shred of humility," Henry told it.