Final Call

Despite all cause for celebration, a deep anger seeped through Henry. He watched from the middle of a significantly emptier prison as scores of people, young and old, male and female, rich and poor all made their way to the open door. Neither Joey nor the Machine cared about who it took, only that they could take.

Hasty footsteps preceded a smaller body barreling Henry to the floor. Henry picked himself up and reached for his accidental assailant. "Woah, easy there... uh... kiddo. You alright?"

The boy scrambled to his feet. "Sorry, Sir!" He then turned into the crowd and began running again. "Constance! Brant! Where are you?"

"Henry!" Bendy called, running over from a small group nearby, "Are you okay?"

The man stared at the direction the boy went. "There are kids here."

Bendy followed his gaze. "There are?" The toon scrambled up to Henry's shoulders and, with a point from Henry, spotted two boys and a girl standing together. "Oh. They look younger than Buddy."

The girl pointed at the golden doorway, then took her friend's hands. "C'mon! Let's go!" The three swept away into the light.

Bendy felt Henry's shoulders rise beneath him. "Henry?"

"Those were kids," Henry rasped, "Kids! Joey killed kids and he didn't even bat an eye."

Bendy looked at the souls running for their escape. "But it's okay now! They're free and Joey's gone for good!"

"That doesn't change the fact that there are people somewhere who miss them. Their families have probably gone years without knowing what happened to them. It's true for all of them!" said Henry, gesturing at the crowd. His eyes welled up. "So many people's lives carelessly ruined..."

Henry might have said more, but Bendy hugging his shoulders interrupted his thoughts. His devil glanced at him, the white highlights of his face bent with worry. The man sighed and returned the hug. "You're right, bud. It's okay, now that they're free."

"Henry!" A familiar voice called from behind them. Henry turned around and was met by a pair of arms around his chest. A woman gave him a squeeze before stepping back and grinning at him. "You did it! You really did it!"

Henry blinked at the woman. He'd swore he recognized her voice... "Allison?"

A gruff voice sounded to his right. "I'm here too, old man," Tom chuckled, punching Henry in the arm.

Henry rubbed his arm as the couple gave each other a smooch. Bendy buried his face in Henry's shoulder and mumbled with embarrassment. Allison approached Henry again and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Thank you, Henry. You've set us free!"

The angel and her wolf took each other's hands and started walking toward the light.

Bendy hopped off Henry's shoulders and ran to catch up with them. "W-wait! Aren't'cha gonna come with us? Out of the Studio, I mean."

Allison and Tom looked at each other, then at Bendy. Allison knelt down to eye level. "We already made up our minds, Bendy. This is what we've been waiting for all this time. We're grateful, but there's nothing else for us to do."

Bendy's lip trembled and his head dipped. Allison brushed the side of his face and tilted his head up. "Don't be sad. You let me be an angel!"

"I still don't want you to go..." Bendy mumbled.

Allison smiled at him. "Sweet little devil."

Tom came over and patted Bendy between the horns. "I'll take care of her, little buddy." He then nodded at Henry. "And you take care o' him."