Arrested

"What do you remember."

My boss sighed tiredly and stood up brushing himself off. He motioned for me to follow him. We walked into a pale gray room. In the middle, there was a reclining metal chair with arm straps and on top was a circular helmet that had wires coming out. A woman in a white lab coat whisked me to the machine.

"Sit." She demanded. I obliged and she strapped me down. The metal helmet fell on my head with a loud thunk. The woman pressed a button. The chair jerked up to a large screen. It started playing a series of pictures rapidly.

****

I walked out of the room with the recollection of everything. Currently, one of the drivers were taking me to the Post Office. She parked a few blocks away and turned around.

"You have your new equipment, Agent?" She queried. I nodded and she pressed a button on the dashboard. The door swung open and I stepped out. I started down the sidewalk. A hand grabbed my shoulder.

"You're back." An African accent said.

"And I remember everything," I replied. My eyes darted around the street and pulled Dembe closer to me, "Is Dad watching?"

"No. He is at the Post Office." I turned sharply down an alley.

"Who told him?" I interrogated.

"I don't know but you intercepted one of his shipments and he's been hellbent on destroying you and your friends," Dembe said. Christian groaned and glanced at his watch.

"I've got to go to the Post Office." I grumbled, "I have a sinking feeling that I am going to get arrested." Dembe chuckled.

"If you are anything like your father, you will be fine." He joked. I glared sharply at Dembe, who got the hint.

"He cares about you, Christian. He went back a day later for you and has been searching ever since." Dembe softly stated. I breathed a sigh.

"If he cared, he shouldn't have left," I said as I walked to my inevitable fate.
****************
I stepped out of the elevator and everyone stopped. I felt like a pariah as I heard a faint voice say. 'He's here. Come get him.' Thudding echoed in the silent room. I rolled my eyes and got on my knees, putting my arms behind my head.

"You ha-" The person began.

"I'm a cop too. I know the drill." I huffed as they forced me to my feet. I saw Dad shoot me a disappointed glance.

'Whatever,' I thought, 'His opinion doesn't matter.' A guard opened the Interrogation Room. They pushed me into the chair and shut the door.

"F**k."