Trust

I walked briskly to the door. My shoes were the only things that rang off the groaning walls of this dark and dreary manor that was on the quiet side of DC. I finally got to the doors and pulled them open. Before anything was said, I felt the cold barrel of a gun pressed against my forehead.

" Hello, old friend," The smooth voice of my 'friend', Harper, said. I diverted my eyes from the floor and looked into his bloodshot ones.

"You!" I growled. He placed his foot forward and he pushed me on the floor. I hit my head on the wall and slipped into darkness.

Lizzie's POV (Next day)

I made feverish attempts to call Chris on my way to work. None of them worked. I pulled into the parking lot and walked into the Post Office.

"Has anyone heard anything from Chris?" I asked the others as I walked out of the elevator. There were murmurs of no's and I thought he was with you's. 

PING

All of our phones rang. I took mine out and saw that it was from a number that I didn't know. I connected my phone to the TV and played the video.

Chris sat tied to a chair in a dimly lit room. He was badly beaten up. Blood poured from his body and he had a gag in his mouth. A figure came into the frame and went to the table that was next to him. He picked up a butcher knife and untied the gag from Chris's mouth. He looked at the camera.

"Hello friends, I believe you've met Christian. Well, he's done something very bad," the figure said. He moved the knife to Chris's stomach. The minus figure then turned his head to Chris.

"Do you have something to say, friend?" Chris looked at him and spit blood in his face.

"Go to hell, you twat!" he shouted. The knife drove into Chris's stomach and he let out a scream.

"Tell them Chris and this will all be over! Or do you want me to show them?" |    Cooper let out a growl and started shouting that we needed to find him. I heard the various clicks of keyboards and Reddington ran out of the building. I turned my attention to the video.   | The figure drove the knife farther in and Chris let out a cry.

"Fine!" Chris shouted, "I'm part of The Unity!" Chris averted his gaze from the figure to the camera.

"I'm so sorry, Ellie," A tear came down his bloodied cheek.

END OF VIDEO

I was in tears. Thoughts clouded my head as I stood grounded to the spot I was in. The main thought was why he would join the very same group we were taking down. Regardless, I was going to find him. Then it dawned on me, I'm in love with my best friend.