The Mission

December 23rd, 1982

Screams were all that was heard. The smoke from the fire continued to rise; penetrating my nostrils as I ran from the place I called home. I kept running as far as my legs could carry me. As I ran, it dawned on my feeble young mind that I was now all alone. I bumped into a well-dressed man with a British accent. He and I spoke for a bit and I told him what had occurred. He took pity and offered to adopt me. I accepted. My life took a turn at that very moment.

I was only four at the time when those men stormed the house in search of my dad who had left. Those blasted men killed my mom because she wouldn't say anything. Now I am 22 years old and work for a secret organization called The Unity. I still wonder if my so-called father knew what happened that dreadful night, why didn't he save me that day?

The Unity prides itself on our knowledge. We have codes for everything and pieces from various poets to communicate without suspicion. To differentiate who is in and who isn't, we each got a tattoo of two hands shaking.

BBRRIINNGG!

I went to pick up the phone. The other day in a meeting, we were discussing the events that took place at the HQ for the FBI. Apparently, Raymond Reddington had surrendered himself to them but what we couldn't figure out was why.

"Harris speaking." I had an English accent from living in the UK for so long.

"Ah Agent Harris, can I ask you to come into the office? You and I have urgent matters to discuss," My boss Julius Demeanor inquired.

"Of course, sir. Be there in five." I hung up the phone. Bolting to my bedroom, I put on one of the suits that I owned. It was a Navy blue blazer and white undershirt that also came with a striped blue and red tie. I exited the room and went to the front door. As soon as I opened the door, I felt a gentle breeze hit my face. A stray blonde hair fell in front of my eyes. I smiled and walked to my car. Turning on the ignition, I pulled out of the driveway.

~-~-~-~-Timeskip-~-~-~-~

I walked into an abandoned warehouse. The noise of my shoes echoed throughout the structure. I paused at a barren wall and exhaled. I dragged my finger across the wall in the symbol of an X. All of a sudden, I heard a grinding noise and the wall opened up into an elevator.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the lone button to get to the HQ.

DING! The elevator doors opened to a grand white room with a white desk sitting in between two hallways. I sauntered up to the receptionist and cleared my throat,

" I am here to see Mr. Demeanor. This is kind of important," She looks up from the computer and eyes me. I've never liked her, she wasn't very kind.

"Do you have an appointment, Agent Harris?" she asked. I nodded my head. She checked her computer and motioned for me to go through the right hall. Upon entering I see a good friend of mine named Harper.

"Harper, my dear boy! How've you been?" We hug each other.

"Absolutely splendid!" he says," Mate, did I tell you that Deliahla got pregnant AND we want to make you the godfather?" I was in shock. Me? The godfather? I thought I don't know? Should I say yes? Yeah, Harper's my best friend. I'll do it.

"Of course! I'd be happy to," He hugged me and smiled to himself as he walked off.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in!" I heard from the other side of the door. When I entered I noticed that Julius wasn't near the fireplace like he usually was but he was sitting at his desk. He gestured for me to sit.

" Now Agent Harris, you've been called here because I have a mission for you. Last week at the meeting, we discussed Reddington, correct?" I nodded," The task force he made friends with requires a new member, and since Red is your father you need to go."

"Sir, I-I don't think I'm ready to face him." I looked at the floor. Demeanor chuckled,

"Nonsense, Christian! You need to face him sometime. Oh, and if you do agree, you must keep us a secret. Fake resumes are being created as we speak." He was right and I hated it.

With newfound courage, I daringly looked him in the eye and said

"I'll do it."