A Child of Stars {Rewrite} {Act 3~Finale}

Ok so I used to have a book up on my acc called "Just A dream" and it was my first fanfic. I deleted it because the writing was awful and I didn't wanna update it- but I really wanna write a oneshot rn but I have writers block so I'm doing this to get myself out of writers block. It will only be the first 3 chapters that I posted in this collection (the original chapters will stay up in this collection too)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The daughter of Caraval could hardly sleep.

Tomorrow would mark the Winter Solstice. People would sing, and dance, and count their blessings the summer and spring had brought to them. For Destiny, the solstice brought a day of cheer and anticipation. A day so important to her she couldn't close her eyes and dream of anything else.

The day of her birth.

The night after she would turn five, and the young princess could hardly contain herself. Fantasies of ice and crystals floated through her wide mind to its career contents. Her thoughts floating to every positive tomorrow would bring, namely; Caraval.

   Every year the game would land on the date of her birth, and every year her father would turn its contents to include something she fonded. Caraval was a dangerous game- one she knew to never forget may be more real than it claims to be. Caraval had always been of great interest to the princess. She was fascinated with the costumes, and lies, and cards. It seemed to be flawless; how could someone be infatuated with it. She begged and pleaded her mother and father to take her to see it in action. To witness people being tricked and maybe help a bit, but they would never budge.

Legend would always make some part of it for his daughter. A small part, far away from any people who's minds were being flooded like water. Every year he would show her something her dreams could never conjure. Elves with tipped ears, golden birds, candles that never melted- Destiny was obsessed with it. She could almost feel her heart flutter and beat with excitement.

Her last birthday was something the princess was sure she would never forget. Destiny often dreamed of faeries. From meeting them to seeing them, the daughter of Caraval had always wanted to observe one in person ever since her mother told her she'd seen them. Tella, had proceeded to speak of tales about small people with the ability to fly and heal. She had then asked her father if they existed and he told her they indeed did. Then, on the solstice, they had traveled to an enchanted forest with thick tall grey trees that reached so high Destiny couldn't tell where they ended.

Legend held her hand as she jumped from stone to stone across a pond of glittery blue liquid that ran upstream. As she looked up from the hard stones, faeries fluttered around her head, whistling and making about their way. Small houses made of mushroom and magic grew up from the grass, sweeter than anything she had ever witnessed. Tiny fragments of glow stone flew through the sky like dandelion seeds being released from their stem like prison.

Her anticipation grew stronger as she recalled. What could happen tomorrow morning, she thought, perhaps they may let me go out during the game instead of the day.

Her big room smelled of hope and childhood. Stars clouded Destiny's eyes as she counted sheep in her head, begging her eyes to finally collapse and send her to her minds nighttime prison. Through her fury to her mind a thought brushed itself in her head.

Perhaps if I plead really, really hard, then he will give me a hint like he hints during Caraval.

A perfect idea. If she tried her hardest to convince them and gave them her biggest doe eyes, they might break and tell her.

   Content with her new plan, Destiny climbed out of her large bed and unhooked her night coat her mother had strung around her for warmth from the chill breeze. We walked slowly, trying not to make a commonotion, when a chill ran up her spine.

She turned to see where the feeling had stemmed from- only to see her balcony door was open. Strange, considering her mother always shut and locked it before she slept. The castle maids also always made sure every door and cellar was shut tight before the castle rested.

She shook the thought away and started to walk towards it, intent to shut it. The wooden floor got increasingly colder on her feet as she neared it. She reached to close it as another chill hushed itself onto her.

Not good.

Her parents had always warned her, if anything feels wrong she should tell them. They told her to trust herself, and this moment was definitely one of those moments. She intended to do just that; tell them.

As Destiny turned her satin nightgown hooked itself onto a nail behind her. She now thirsted for the safety and comfort of her mothers arms.

Pain stopped her from moving and forward with any of her plans as it cut itself into her chest. Destiny doubled down and cliched her heartstone, trying desperately to cling to life. She couldn't place a name to the pain- just that it collided with her heart. Tears flooded her eyes and her perhaphial vision clouded. She tried to make noise but nothing came out of her throat. She couldn't remember if she screamed or cried as she fell to the ground, her hand accidentally knocking down a vase filled with blood red roses.

   The tradition of roses entered her head as she lay on the floor in pain. Fathers would give their daughters a rose of all different colors and each meant something different. Naturally her father hadn't bought her one flower- but a bouquet. Red- meaning the promise of safety. Ironic to her current situation.

   An icy unwelcoming wind enveloped her room, making the smell of childhood resemble crushed dreams. Blood from her hand pooled on the fool, glass having been stuck in her palm from the vase.

   This is how it ends, she thought, this is how the game that the witches in my dream said would end.

   Strong arms bruised the side of her waist as she was picked up unlovingly. Wether from pain or heartbreak, Destiny didn't know, but the world faded to black.

   Like her hearts colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I FINALLY FINISHED THE REWRITES YAYAY

>to request a fic go to the request rules chapter<