Another year of Immortal Mortality

Prompt: It would be interesting to see the couples get stressed about their anniversary.

I was gonna write this as a JulianxScarlett but YALL I just reread Finale and I have all the feels.

Also guess who's deck of destiny arrives this week?

Timeline: Post Finale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Legend felt nervous.

   There wasn't many times the Master of Caraval had ever felt the cool abominable butterfly feeling in his lower stomach. Yet somehow Tella made him feel emotions he never thought he'd be capable of.

   Primarily, love.

   His mind faltered as his eyes drifted to her when she stirred in her sleep. Her blonde curls fluttered onto Legends chest as she lightly laid her head there.

He had been awake for the past couple hours thinking about what tomorrow would bring, all while playing with her strands of hair between his fingers. It's strange how the most inconsequential things about her soothed him.

She hastily shook in her sleep as Legend used his magic to bring the covers up closer to her shoulders, where her bare skin shone through the blue sleeves of her nightgown. The room was quite warm but Legend still didn't want her to be cold while she slept. It was the very least he could do while she had a nightmare.

Another thing he was nervous about.

Ever since Jacks took his ability to enter her dreams, every night he awoke to her tossing and turning of fear had been hell.

But after sleeping in the same bed as Tella for a month he discovered a few things about the way she slept.

Primarily, when she had a nightmare she would noisily and frequently move. Making it almost impossible for him to not awake to his loves terror.

Physically, it pained him to see her in such a state when he could do nothing to prevent it. There were times when she would make little noises of fear that would make Legend turn his head to look away from her out of pain.

   He briefly wondered what fear was tainting her wings tonight.

   Tella snuggled her head into his chest closer, almost as if she was hiding from something.

   Or someone.

   Legend used his hand to wrap the sheets even closer around her shoulders. It seemed when she had a nightmare this had become a nervous habit of his.

   Yet her fear brought him back to his original thoughts, what tomorrow would bring.

   Their one year anniversary.

   The reason the dreaded feeling of a butterflies wings cascaded through his stomach was not because it was their anniversary, but rather he had no clue what to do for his love.

   Legend had never been in many sensual relationships before he was mortal. When he became immortal he barely contained a sibling bond with Julian. He had never had an anniversary before.

   Obviously he knew the basic stuff like flowers and wine, but The Master of Caraval wanted something special for his Tella. Different from any other anniversary or relationship she had ever had.

He also didn't know what she wanted.

Legend knew Tella loved The Master of Caraval and Dante. But who was she expecting to see tomorrow?

Did she want empirical kisses from Dante or an entire rose garden flitted with scents of desire and passion from The Master of Caraval?