Poppy, Dear {Act 2}

A continuation of Roses, Dear {Act 1}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honeycombs, she thought, faeries love honeycombs.

Destiny turned to open her bag, looking for any sort of sweet treat that lure the fae closer. She was careful, however, to not take her eyes off of it for to long.

Faeries and the fae-like were known for their trickery. The problem was people saw it as a bad thing and typically shyed away from the little creatures. But the princess found it quite idiotic considering she was too know for trickery, and was yet beloved by those same people. Typical of mortals to see things from one perspective. Though of course, there are also the magic less humans who do not believe in such creatures. How drab their lives seem.

Destiny pulled out a full circle of sweet honeycomb from her bag, as well as a small dagger her father entrusted her with. The black holder had carvings of dreams in white fluid motions, making it something she considered pretty. Strange how the small girl cherished it.

   Being careful not to cut her small fingertips, she slowly cute off a small piece of the slickly sweet comb and held it out in her hand for the fae to take.

   The faerie peeked at the princess from behind the oak tree, it's features hard to make up from its small form. The creature peered at Destiny for a few moments before taking a few steps forward. But just before taking another it peered up at the princess with fear and uneasiness lacing it's eyes.

Destiny smiled, "don't worry I promise I won't hurt you"

The faerie seemed relaxed by her words but still didn't take any further movements.

She widened her eyes, "I'm magic too, you know"

The fae perked it's sharp ears at the sound of this information, walking forward with a newfound confidence. It reached out to take the treat but paused and tilted its head before as if asking, how are you magic?

"My father had a lot of magic and my Aunt is related to a fate, so I suppose some of their magic has run through my veins. It's just hard to summon right now"

The fae nodded and smiled as it finally took the treat. It bowed, saying thank you, then ran once more. Destiny was laced with excitement to tell her parents of what she saw, putting her dagger back into her bag. Just as she was about to walk back to her cousin, she heard a familiar voice.

"Destiny"

She peered up to see her father waiting for her. She smiled, walking towards him.

"Daddy, you'll never guess what I saw when I was in the woods!"

"What was it?" Legend responded, picking her up.

"A fae. A real life one. Like a really real one!"

He answered her excitement as they walked towards the carriage, "they say fae are a sign of good luck if your not tricked by them. Foolish of people to think they are a good omen hidden behind a faulty smokescreen"

Destiny looked up at her father, "don't people say the same thing about Caraval?"

Legend meant the golden hue of his daughters eyes, Tella's eyes, "they do indeed, my butterfly"

**~~~~**

Destiny ran through the tall doors of the her home.

The Meredian Empire castle and many floors and doors and rooms adorning it, and the princess assumed she would have to search and check each one to find her mother and tell her of her day.

But it seems the faeries good omens were on her side because as soon as Destiny entered the hall room, her mother was seen walking down the massive staircase, she was already halfway down.

When she meant her daughters eyes she smiled and the princess ran to her and flung herself into her arms, hugging her.

"Mommy, I saw a real life faerie"

Tella gasped, "a real one?"

"Yes, a really really really real one. It even let it give me a honeycomb!"

"Wow" her mother said tilting her head, "you know, they say faeries are a sign of-"

"Good luck" Destiny finished.

Tella laughed slightly, "I see you've already spoken to Legend"

"Other than that how was your day?" Her mother continued, abandoning whatever task had brought her down the steps as she carried the princess up them.

"Alright, I think I need a new teacher though"

Tella's eyes were laced with confusion, "why is that?"

"My teacher asked a question about page 135 of Romeo and Juliet"

   "But I thought that was a-"

   "Play" they both said in unison.

   Tella laughed as Destiny laid her head on her mother's shoulder, drifting herself silently off to sleep with a well deserved nap.

   Her dreams were flittered with fae and golden glitter, and a deck of cards that told fate.

**~~~~**

They say winter, in the Meredian Empire, brings out the true magic of its lands, visible even to the worst of souls.

It's told the princess of its empire has a different dreams to her haunt her mind during these months.

Though it is unclear to the common people as to why, for they have no thought or memory of the visions the roll in her head. The same power that thrums itself around her mothers wrist in the form of a brand, cascading it's illicities through her body the sign of the only deal she regrets.

Her golden eyes seem to shine a bit brighter, and midnight hair seems to dwindle a bit darker. The mind of the small child being sharper than the other months of her life...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ngl I feel really evil finishing this tonight and not posting it until tommorrow lol

To request a oneshot go to the request rules chapter