Classes Begin

Before we get into the next chapter I just wanted to say how shocked and happy I am with how many people are reading this story. Thanks so much to everyone who takes the time to read it. Comments and votes are appreciated but it doesn't matter too much to me. Anyway, let's get into Ginny's 3rd year!

————

"I'm pretty certain it's up here." Julia looked up from her timetable and pointed up at a circular trapdoor. "Are you sure..." Sadie looked sceptically up the staircase. "Well we might as well try it." Ginny rearranged her books slightly before making for the narrow staircase. She pushed the trapdoor open with her shoulder and popped out into the musty room. 

"Uh..." she looked around the oddly decorated room and squinted in the dim light. "Oh come in, come in, girls!" 

A woman appeared on the other side of the seemingly empty room. Ginny recognised her as Professor Trelawney with her multiple shawls, clunky jewellery and huge rounded glasses. Ginny slowly got up, out of the trap door and noticed several uncomfortable looking Slytherins who had arrived early and were seated around the round tables. 

"Take a seat children, today we will be opening our inner eyes and looking, to the future!" She said wistfully.

Her arms opened up towards the ceiling and her eyes widened. Ginny glanced around at the other students who all had the same concerned looks on their faces. What is this woman talking about? Ginny had heard many stories about Sybill Trelawney, many of which she didn't believe in the slightest. 

Those stories were beginning to make a lot more sense.

"Welcome to Divination, a most wonderful subject but the most difficult to master of the magical arts." She found this hard to believe. "My name is Professor Trelawney, I am sorry to say that there is little that I will be able to teach you if you do not have, the sight!" 

She spoke very dramatically with many strangely placed pauses and Ginny was almost expecting her to throw some glitter or vanishing dust to make her prepared speech more whimsical. 

Ginny was having a hard time taking her seriously. No matter how hard she tries to keep her mind open and believe that maybe, just maybe Trelawney knows what she's talking about, she can't. "Open your books children and let us begin." Professor Trelawney sat on a plush cushion in the middle of the room, crossing her legs and opening her palms. 

"Today, let us make our connection to the spiritual world."

"Then, we shall begin the term with tea leaf readings." Ginny noticed the several tea pots and cups placed around the room. She sighed and looked around at the other students. Some had their eyes closed, copying or mocking Trelawney, some were looking scared, others annoyed, most concerned. It's going to be a very long 90 minutes.

————

The air outside the stuffy Divination classroom never smelt better and so Ginny, Julia and Sadie decided to take a quick walk outside before their next class, history of magic, which was sure to be even more draining than Divination had been.

Ginny's tea leaf reading had been decidedly... strange.

She quickly came to the conclusion that Trelawney was just nutters but it didn't quite stop the worrying. She saw Harry, Ron and Hermione walking down towards the forest, probably for care of magical creatures. She knows how Hermione feels about Divination, hopefully a chat with her about the class will set her head straight.

"What are you guys doing?! We've got History of Magic, why are you standing around out here?!" 

Olive yelled out to the three Gryffindors. She pushed her scales further into her bag and flattened down her yellow and black striped scarf as she ran out into the courtyard. "So, how was potions?" Sadie sat down on a bench. "Fine, but it's no time for a social! We'll be late! The only reason I'm not already there is because I've come from the dungeons!" Olive began to rant as she pulled Sadie up and began to half run out of the yard. 

"Calm down Ollie! Professor Binns won't even realise we're missing!" Ginny laughed as she and Julia collected their belongings.

"Does that mean I want to be late?! No!" She continued to drag Sadie with her who looked back at the other girls with laughing eyes. Julia and Ginny began to walk through the lingering crowds of students who, like them, neglected the need to get to class on time. 

Ginny did however manage to catch sight of a pretty blonde girl as they walked through the halls. 

"Hey Luna!" She called out. "Hello Ginny," Luna gave her a small smile. She was infatuated. Merlin why am I so awkward around her?! The blonde girl continued to skip down the hall and Ginny found herself staring after her. "Ginny? Ginny! Are you alright? You completely zoned out on me!" Julia laughed, "come on we're late for history of magic now." She pulled Ginny down the hall and eventually lost sight of the blonde behind them in the crowds.

————

At lunch when Ginny spotted Harry, oddly she didn't get embarrassingly nervous and awkward, and when he looked at her she simply smiled and turned back to her friends. It was... weird. A good weird. She was glad. Sure she still likes Harry, but not to the extent that she did, and not in that way so much. She's finally moving on, and she can't help but sigh in relief at that.

—————

—————

Yay! Another upload! Am I moving to slowly? (With the storyline I mean). I think I'll do a time skip to when the other schools get to Hogwarts and then go from there. Does that sound good? Idk. Anyways. Happy new year! 2021! 🎉🎉 Hope everyone's doing well... so... yeah! Thanks for reading! 

Also don't worry, this is still a Hinny story but with some Linny (LunaXGinny), Deamus (DeanXSeamus), Perciver (PercyXOliver), Romione (RonXHermione) and some OC's sprinkled in. Enjoy!