Beaux Batons and Durmstrang

Ginny sat at the black lake with Luna. She was talking dreamily about a new kind of fruit tree her father had created and was planting around their house. "-Maybe you could come over this summer to see them." Luna offered, lying back with Ginny on the grass. "I'd love to!" She said quickly before mentally slapping herself for being too eager. Luna giggled and nodded, her crystal eyes returning to the dark water.

"Ginny!" Someone was running down the hill, giggling and squealing. 

She pulled Ginny up off the grass and hugged her. "It came! It came! And you won't believe it!" "Alright Ollie... what came?" Ginny asked, struggling to match the light brown haired girl's excitement. "A letter! A letter from Leo!" She squealed and then sighed flopping onto the grass and pulling out the envelope.

"Oh, hi Luna." Olive smiled sweetly at the Ravenclaw who was sitting next to her. "Hello Olive."

"You mean the French bloke you met over the summer?" The brunette turned back to Ginny nodding happily, "oh isn't it just so romantic! Look at the way he's written my name!" She passed the envelope to Ginny who looked at the cursive. Olive-Marie Peterson. "Olive-Marie Peterson! That's me!" She grinned. "Well what does it say?" Ginny asked.

"Here, look." She took the letter back and pulled out the folded parchment.

"Read this." Olive excitedly handed her the parchment, showing the same cursive handwriting from the envelope.

Dearest Olive,

I am sorry it has taken so long for me to write since we last saw each other. My time at Beaux Batons is keeping me very busy. I had a wonderful time with you during my stay in England and so when I heard about the Tri Wizard tournament it excited me. I put myself forward to come to Hogwarts for the tournament, and I'm delighted to tell you I was chosen! I won't be participating  though, my older brother, Andre, who you met, will be entering and I am allowed to come to support him. I can hardly wait to see you in Scotland. 

I have a second reason to write to you however. I would like to invite you to my home in Niece for the Christmas holidays. I already have permission from my maman and papa for you to come. I hope you accept my invitation and will be happy to see me at Hogwarts come October 30th. 

Affectionately, 

Leo

"Isn't that just the most wonderful thing you've ever read?!" Olive sighed again, falling back onto the grass. Ginny smiled at her friend. "I think he really likes you." She said honestly. "You do?" Olive looked up hopefully and Ginny nodded. "Bet he'll ask you out." She grinned nudging her teasingly. Olive's cheeks tinged pink. "Someone's blushing...!" "Oh shut up Weasley!" Olive laughed. 

———— *time skip to October 30th*

Ginny walked beside Julia and Sadie. The three of them could hardly contain their giggles as they followed the crowds of Gryffindor students out into the grounds.

She could feel the anticipation and excitement in the air.

Ginny looked around, she could barely see over the other third years but managed to spot Olive with her friends from Hufflepuff. She seemed to be even more excited than anyone and was talking animatedly with the girl beside her. 

"It seems the delegation from beaux batons approaches," Dumbledore called above the crowds. 

Everyone looked around, Ginny didn't see a thing until someone called out and pointed, "there!" A huge shape loomed into view. A dragon? No, a horse? The mysterious object glided towards the students through the night sky. As it drew closer and the light from the castle illuminated it's shape, Ginny could see that is was in fact, a carriage. A huge beautiful white, blue and gold glittering carriage, pulled by equally large flying horses.

The carriage came hurtling to the ground, causing the front rows of students to move back and out of the way. 

Out of the carriage stepped an enormous woman. So tall that Ginny didn't have to stand on tiptoe to be able to see her through the crowds. She spoke briefly with Professor Dumbledore while the hogwarts students looked on in awe. Many were still enraptured by the carriage, most staring up at the enormous woman, known as Madame Maxime, before them. 

Others, including Ginny, were looking at the boys and girls who had filed out of the carriage shortly after their headmistress.

They were shivering which was understandable given they were wearing what seemed to be fine blue silk. It made Ginny cold just thinking about it. She looked to Olive who was smiling and waving shyly at one of the youngest of the group. He waved back, albeit more confidently, and Ginny smirked.

Soon the Beaux Batons students were quickly making their way inside and Hogwarts turned its attention back to the skies, awaiting Durmstrang's arrival.

It wasn't long before Fred and George's friend Lee Jordan called out, "the lake! Look at the lake!" Sure enough the untouched water was rippling and what seemed to be a huge pole was beginning to emerge from the water. Ginny squinted through the darkness as a magnificent ship arose from the depths of the black lake. 

The ship anchored and people began to disembark, making their way up to the crowds of Hogwarts students. 

Their large shaggy fur coats gave them the illusion of having stocky frames but Ginny suspected most of them would already. Dumbledore greeted the Headmaster, Karkaroff, and soon the group of Durmstrang pupils were heading for the castle, but not before everyone got a good look at Viktor Krum. 

Everyone was going wild. If not for his looks then his Quidditch and celebrity-like status.

Ginny didn't understand what the fuss was about. Sure he's a good player but he completely buggered the World Cup. She tried discussing this with Sadie but the only thing she was concerned with was whether or not he'd sign her arm, since she didn't have any parchment.

At dinner she looked around for Hermione, surely she would agree with her about all this, but she couldn't spot her. 

Ginny looked around the crowded hall and spotted Grace sitting at the Ravenclaw table beside a boy from Beaux Batons who seemed to be trying to strike up a conversation with the introverted girl. 

She could see Olive and Leo looking at each other from over the gap between the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables. Ginny brought her thoughts back to the Gryffindor table only to be pulled into a conversation about Krum by Sadie and Julia. 

She managed to slowly tune them out and focus on her dinner instead of down the table at a boy who couldn't seem to take his eyes off Cho Chang. She felt herself groan inside at the prospect of trying to get over this kid all over again. 

————

————

Well that's the chapter. Sorry it took a little longer... I tried to get it out a few days ago (by the 7th) but it didn't work out. I'm starting on the next one right away though so expect that soon! Anyways, hope you enjoyed! I kinda felt like I was letting her "get over" Harry a little too easy... so I changed it up a little. Oop- sorry Gin. This chapter was more to the book but uh... yeah, bye!