The World Cup (Part 1)

Just going to get right into it, hope you enjoy! (Everything belongs to JK Rowling and Warner Bros. Except any OCs)

—————

—————

"Ok, so... you still don't think you're over him yet?" Hermione asked, sitting on Ginny's bed, eating Fizzing Whizzbees. "I mean... I dunno... I never say a word around him and he doesn't even see me as a friend, I'm just Ron's little sister." Ginny sighed bitterly, she popped another sweet into her mouth. Hermione nodded sympathetically. "Look Ginny, this is probably going to be hard to hear, but I think you should try and move on from Harry." She said. "I'm trying to do that Hermione!" Ginny sighed. "What do you think I should do?" "Well... start dating. Other guys, not him. Loosen up a little. You can't wait around for him forever Ginny. Maybe if you were a bit more... yourself, you could be friends at least." Hermione shrugged. She was obviously trying to be nice about it. Ginny decided it was quite good advice. 

"Yeah... I guess I can at least try. Now, about you and my brother..." she began, a look on her face that screamed 'I know you like him'. Hermione immediately went pink, "I have no idea what you're talking about. I in no way look at Ron in any way other than friends and, for that matter, why would you be insinuating that I do look at him in that way and it's not like I think that he's cute, which I do... I mean don't! And i- I mean, if you think that I do than that's just ridiculous because he's like my brother, I swear! and I don't look at him any differently than you do and I just can't believe..." She started talking very quickly, refusing to look Ginny in the eye and tripping over her words in a very unhermione-like fashion. Ginny just smirked at her as she spoke, watching her progressively get redder. She never mentioned which brother. "Hermione if I looked at Ron the way you look at him, I'd want you to take me to the psych ward at St Mungo's." Hermione stared at her, she stared back and the both cracked up laughing.

—————

Hermione and Ginny wandered sleepily down the stairs. Ginny checked the clock in hall along the way for the time. 4:35am. She groaned. Quidditch is amazing and all but this is not a humanly natural hour of the morning to be awake. Mr Weasley sat at the table talking quietly with Mrs Weasley while she fried eggs and sausages. "Good morning, Hermione, Ginny." Mrs Weasley greeted them. "Good morning Mrs Weasley." Hermione smiled. They sat down at the table and Ginny looked out the window, still pitch black. Plates of food were placed in front of them and the girls began to slowly eat, making quiet small talk with Mr Weasley. Mrs Weasley went upstairs shortly after to wake the twins, Harry and Ron claiming that "Charlie, Bill and Perce, can have a bit of a lie in."

"Dad. Hermione and I are going to head back upstairs to get dressed." Ginny yawned again. She was actually planning on hopping back into bed. So dragging Hermione with her they returned to her room. Ginny collapsed onto her bed but Hermione began laying out clothes for them to wear. "Ok come on Ginny, you've got to get up!" Hermione turned around shaking the other girl awake again. Ginny groaned but put on the muggle shirt and jeans Hermione had put out for her. They reluctantly went back down the stairs to find everyone else already down there. "Why do we have to get up so early?" Ginny yawned for what seemed like the hundredth time. "We have a bit of a walk." Mr Weasley said spooning some porridge into his mouth. 

Ginny tuned out most of the rest of the conversation as soon as the word 'walk' was spoken. She needed to mentally prepare herself for torture. She did watch Fred and George get busted for their pranks which was not a pretty sight. Ginny had recently begun helping them to develop these sweets so it hurt her almost as much as it did them to watch the toffees get thrown in the bin. Eventually they were out of the house and walking through the woods. Ginny walked at the back with Hermione, they chatted and gossiped together. Ginny was beginning to really like Hermione. "Dad where are we going?!" Ron yelled up to the front of the small group where Mr Weasley was walking briskly. "Haven't the foggiest! Keep up!" He yelled back. Ginny groaned and shared a look with Hermione.

Sorry that was so bad... and short, and it was really tedious to write. Just overall, horrible. I meant to update yesterday but I got logged out of my account and it was this whole thing. So, sorry about that. Yeah, I mean, I think this chapter is shit but I hope you like it... anyways, I'm kinda winging this whole thing, not really sure where it's going but I do have a plan for the next chapter so hopefully that'll be a bit better.