The Burrow

Hi, so this is part 6, I think I'll be going into Ginny's 3rd year for this one (Goblet of Fire). If I get anything wrong (something that's canonically incorrect) let me know and I can fix it. Also it'll be longer than what I did for her 2nd year, I kinda skimmed over that one, sorry. But I have some good ideas for this so enjoy! (Characters, places and everything really belong to JK Rowling and Warner Bros. Except for any OCs).

———————————

———————————

Ginny lay on her bed flipping through the book Bill got her for Christmas for perhaps the 100th time. She could hear a commotion coming from down stairs. Ginny put her book down and went to the door. "Ron, would you please shut-" she began to yell at him but he continued to yell as well. "Mum! I can't find it anywhere!" He yelled down the stairs before running off. Ginny quirked her eyebrow at him but he still did not notice she was there. Ginny followed him down the stairs and found Fred and George in the kitchen looking just as confused but slightly amused. 

"Mum, what's going on?" Ginny asked. "Oh, Hermione's coming to stay for the cup in a week and I've asked Ron to start getting things ready for her." Mrs Weasley said with a knowing smile as she sent some plates to the sink. "Right... so where's she sleeping?" Ginny asked and she could see Ron stop in the corner of her eye. It took a lot not to smirk. "Well, I assumed she'd be staying with you Ginny, if that's all right?" She asked sternly. Ginny knew it was a rhetorical question. "Absolutely fine." She smiled before turning to go back upstairs, she winked at Fred and George who snickered and told Ron he could help her set up a bed in her room if he wanted.

—————

"Ron, who's owl's that?" Ginny asked from his bedroom door. "Oh uh... something happened to Scabbers last year..." he said. "Well yeah, I know that. Is it yours?" "Um... yeah." "Really?! He's so cute!" Ginny watched the fluffy hall of energy zoom about the room. "What's his name?" She asked. "I don't know yet." He shrugged. "Hmm... he looks like a... Pigwidgeon." She nodded. The little bird stopped flying and stared at her. "Do you like that name?" Ginny asked the little guy. He seemed the flutter around her, clumsily, but still. "Oh no, there is no way my owl is going to be called Pigwidgeon." Ron was outraged. "Well I think he likes it, you like it, don't you Pigwidgeon?" 

"God, it's awful! What about... Dragomir? Gordon? Joey? Galvin?" Ron suggested a bunch of names but the bird rejected all of them. "You're just listing players from the cannons, give it up Ron. He's Pigwidgeon." Ginny said firmly. "Merlin Ginny, how did you even come up with that? It's ridiculous! It's too long! Why won't he let me change it?" Ron grumbled. "Because he loves it." He said with a hair flick. "Well, if he won't be named after Joey Jenkins then I guess he'll be Pig. There is no way in hell I'm calling my owl Pigwidgeon." Ron started to rant but Ginny heard a crack from outside and saw two men with ungodly red hair appear in the back yard.

"Charlie!" Ginny squealed as she ran across the garden and threw herself into his arms. "Hey little one!" He spun her around before letting her down. "Are we forgetting someone?" Came another familiar voice from behind him. "Bill!" Ginny grinned at him and gave him just as big a hug. "I've got a surprise for you," Charlie said as they walked up to the burrow. "Ron! Charlie and Bill are home!" Ginny yelled up the stairs. "Really?! Already?!" Ron cried out and he soon appeared at the bottom of the stairs with just a big a smile on his face.

"Alright, come on, over here." Charlie brought his two youngest siblings to the table and placed a purple bag on it. "What is it?" Ron asked. "Dip your hand in and you'll see." Ginny looked at him like he was insane but Ron tentatively reached forward and picked up the bag. He pulled it open and a puff of smoke drifted out, singeing his eyebrows slightly. "Go on," Charlie encouraged him. He stuck his hand inside and pulled out a tiny dragon, about the size of his palm. "Cool!" He grinned. "Oh wow, that's a Peruvian Vipertooth! They're wicked fast so you've got to watch out for them, seemed to have a bit of a craving for humans... before they had to bring in exterminators." Charlie shrugged with a tinge of sadness and the tiny copper dragon bit down on Ron's thumb. 

"My turn!" Ginny squealed sticking her hand in the bag and pulling out a Norwegian Ridgeback. "A Norwegian Ridgeback! These are my specialty." Charlie grinned. "You know, the Ridgebacks are said to be one of the most dangerous species of dragon. Their bite is crazy poisonous and they can breathe fire almost as soon as they're born!" Charlie said excitedly. "And you see the colour of their scales?" He pointed to the little dragon wandering around Ginny's palm and up her forearm. "That green-blue colour helps them blend in in the woods! They'll sneak up on you and before you know it," he snapped his fingers, "you're gone!"

—————

A white car made it's way down the dirt path to the Burrow. "Ron! Hermione's here!" Ginny yelled. She followed him down the stairs and out into the yard. "Hi Hermione! How's your summer been?" Ron asked, grinning happily. "It was great. Thank you Ron. I can't wait to see the cup." She smiled at him. Ginny looked on in amusement. "Oh yeah, it's going to be amazing! Dad said he's got us real good seats. You'll be staying with Ginny, hope that's alright." Ron rambled on. Hermione looked over at Ginny and smiled. Ginny blinked in surprise but smiled back. Hermione had never really said too much to Ginny and she'd never been to the burrow to stay so they weren't really friends. Ginny hoped they could become friends over the next few weeks. 

"Harry's coming as well soon, Fred, George, Dad and me are-" "dad and I," she corrected. "Dad and I, yeah yeah, are flooing to the muggles' place in a couple days to pick him up." They began to head up the stairs. Ginny supposed to Ron's room. What did she expect really. The trio would hang out together and Ginny would be alone again. As she had most of the summer. "Hey Ginny, want to come up to Ron's room with us?" Hermione asked, smiling at her. She did want to but... "oh no it's ok, thanks for the offer Hermione. I'll see you in my room later." She smiled back. Hermione nodded and left. Maybe Ginny was wrong about Hermione...

—————

So that's the chapter, sorry it's been a little while since the last update. This one's been in the works for a little while and I have exams in a few weeks so I've been pretty busy. I'm not trying to make excuses but yeah. I hope you enjoyed it, and again, feedback is always welcome so... tell me what you think! Anyway, have a nice day!