Luna Lovegood

Hi, this is the third chapter, I haven't really got a posting schedule right now but we'll see where this goes. I might do every Sunday (for me) but I don't know yet. I've also got some material for other Harry Potter fan fictions that I might write and if anyone has anything they'd like me to do, please let me know. Thanks, enjoy! (Characters, places and everything really belong to JK Rowling and Warner Bros. Except for any OCs)

—————————

—————————

"Ginny! Are you coming?! We're leaving!" Ron yelled up the stairs. "Just a minute!" She shouted back down before grabbing her bag and running down to join her family. "Alright, Ron, you first." "Can I go find Hermione when I get there mum? She's going today as well. ... And Harry." He added quickly, cheeks tinged red. Ginny rolled her eyes and nudged Fred who was standing beside her. He looked down and she pretended to throw up in her satchel. He grinned and snickered. Ron was so oblivious to his own feelings it hurt. "Of course you can dear, meet us back at Olivanders by 3 mind." "Sure mum. Diagon Alley!" He cried as he stepped into the fire place. It erupted in green flames and he was gone. "Alright, you next Percy."

————

Ginny stood in the busy street. She looked at her list again. Once she was certain she had everything she needed for school she was about to join Ron and Hermione at the ice cream parlour when she saw Harry walk over to them. She froze and quickly ducked into the nearest shop, Flourish and Blotts. It's silly, she knows that, but she can't face him! Ginny let out a short sigh. She was getting over her crush, slowly. The best way to do that was, in her opinion, avoidance. And so that is what she would do, avoid him. And right now, avoiding him consisted of hiding in a book shop till he left. She peeked out the window and saw that he had sat down. No doubt Ron would be telling him all about their trip to Egypt right about now. Groaning, she turned around and began to browse through the shelves.

In the corner there was a pretty blonde girl sitting at a table, surrounded by books. She had radishes dangling from her ears, her socks and shoes were mismatched and the book she was reading was upside down. Ginny immediately liked her. She walked over and tentatively sat down in the seat across from her. Without looking up she said, "hello Ginny Weasley." Ginny was startled, how could she possibly know my name? "Um... hello... what are you reading?" "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them, it's quite odd, I haven't read a single thing about crumple-horned snorkacks and they're about as fantastic as you can get." The girl said, laying the book down. She seemed to study Ginny's face for a moment before continuing.

"Did you know they've only been known to live in Sweden? I hope they like it there it can get very cold." Ginny blinked. "Oh um... I- I didn't know that, I hope they like it there too..." she said. This girl was confusing, in a good way. "Sorry um... what's your name?" Ginny asked. "I'm Luna Lovegood." She said, dreamy as ever. "That's- that's right! Luna... you're in my year at Hogwarts, right?" Luna nodded. Luna Lovegood, she knew exactly who she was. A very peculiar girl from Ravenclaw, no one really understood her, she was just too odd for most people and had managed to receive the nickname "Loony". She appeared to be inspecting Ginny's face closely. Luna then reached into her bag and pulled out some colourful owl shaped glasses. She put them on and leaned forward to look closer.

"Oh dear... it seems you have a very bad case of wrackspurts... don't worry, they usually get bored of one head after a while and move to a new one. You'll be free of them soon." She nodded matter of factly and smiled. Ginny couldn't help but smile back. "Would you like to be my friend?" Ginny asked and immediately cringed. That came out far too desperate, but Luna just smiled wider. "I would love to be your friend Ginny Weasley." "Great, I um... I Uh... I've got to go... but I'll Uh... see you on the train!" Ginny then promptly ran out of the bookshop. "What a strange girl." Luna smiled softly before returning to her book, humming quietly.

Ginny ran out into the street, breathing heavily. She looked across the road, Harry was leaving. Thank Merlin for that. She headed over to where Ron and Hermione were still sitting. "Hey Ron, Hermione." She greeted. "You just missed Harry, Ginny." Hermione said. "Oh that's alright, what's the time?" She asked, changing the subject. "Oh uh... 2:45ish." Ron replied. "Ok, thanks, bye." She ran off again, not exactly sure where she was going but Harry was still probably around, heading back to the leaky and she did NOT want to run into him. She spotted her mum sitting outside Ollivander's. "Hi mum!" She said. "Oh hello Ginny. Have you got everything for Hogwarts?" She asked. "Yep." She replied. "Wonderful, well, I suppose you could wait here with me until the others get back, if you would like." Ginny internally sighed, a place to hide. Phew.