Back to Hogwarts

Hi! I'm really going to start working harder to upload more often and hopefully get a schedule but here it is! Hope you enjoy!

—————

—————

Everyone was still a bit shaken up after the commotion at the World Cup. Rumours were flying and it was hard to tell what was the truth anymore. Word of what happened at the match had been passed around and by the morning after the incident, the front page of every wizarding newspaper in England had been stamped with the story.

Ginny practically ran up to her room when they finally arrived home. Despite getting mere hours of sleep she lay awake listening to the muffled conversations held down stairs. It was long after Mr Weasley and Percy left for the ministry and Hermione returned from Ron's room that she fell asleep.

————

"Hi Neville! Excited for school?" Ginny met the boy in the train corridor. "Oh uh, hi Ginny! Y-yeah, it should be good." He smiled, stuttering over his words and blushing slightly. "I've um... I'm meeting Seamus so uh... see you later?" He waved awkwardly and walked down the corridor. She waved back and ducked into her own compartment. 

"He so fancies you!" Sadie grinned at her as she sat down. 

"What? No he doesn't. We're friends." "Yeah, and anyway, you're still mooning over the boy who lived!" Julia laughed pretending to faint onto Grace who smiled. "Are not!" Ginny huffed. "It's ok Gin, it's alright to have crushes." Olive placed a hand on her shoulder as she stifled a giggle. "I'm over him!" She cried. 

"Alright, then why didn't you agree to go out with Colin Creevey last year?" Sadie leaned forward. "Because I don't like him like that." She said simply. "Sure..." she nodded sarcastically. Then with a hair flip said, "I guarantee, by the end of this year Longbottom would've plucked up the courage to ask you." Grace snorted. "Would you like to share something Gracie?" Ginny said sending her a playful glare. "No, no." She said quietly, shaking her head and grinning.

"You know who I'd really like to ask me out..." Sadie said thoughtfully. "Who?" Julia asked. "Ron Weasley." Olive-Marie choked on her pastie and started laughing at Ginny's horrified expression while Julia and Grace just giggled.

"Gross dude! That's my brother!" Ginny shoved her shoulder. "What? He's the most attractive of the Weasleys." She smirked while the other girls agreed and Ginny pinched the bridge of her freckled nose.

"So what, you're saying he's more attractive than me?" Ginny grinned. "That's exactly what I'm saying." There was a pause and they all burst into a fit of laughter and giggles.

————

Ginny sat in the horseless carriage thoughtfully. There had been whispers on the train. Something about a tournament. A dangerous one at that. She honestly hoped they were all just silly rumours, made up to scare the first years.

"What an awful night..." Grace looked out the window. Thunder rumbled and lightning cracked sending down buckets of pouring of rain.

Students ran to get inside and out of the dreadful weather before being ambushed by water balloons. "PEEVES!" Ginny could hear McGonagall yelling from somewhere behind her and her friends who had somehow managed to get through the entrance hall before Peeves started tormenting the student body.

Julia, Sadie and Ginny sat down at Gryffindor's table. Even with everyone being soaked to the bone, spirits could not have been higher. "I hope they get the sorting over with quick, I'm starving!" Julia grinned, looking down at her golden plate and goblet. 

As soon as the sorting and meal were over Dumbledore began on his announcements. 

Usually Ginny just tuned him out but tonight something caught her attention. "-the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year." Her head snapped up and jaw fell open in outrage. She had been planning on trying out for the team this year but to find out she wouldn't even get a chance, you best believe she was horrified. "How could they!" She hissed to Sadie who merely shrugged. She didn't give half an ass about Quidditch. 

She was so busy silently cursing Dumbledore that she barely registered his words about another event or see the door swing open and a soaking man walk through and up to the front, joining the headmaster. 

The man was introduced as their new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Professor "Mad-Eye" Moody. 

His "mad eye" was unsettling, it raved about the hall, inspecting each individual student and teacher. As soon as he and sat down Dumbledore continued to speak and returned to the topic of, the Tri Wizard Tournament. She heard her brother, Fred, call out rather loudly and couldn't help laugh a bit like everyone else at the outburst.

Ginny could only think of one thing as he spoke about the event. It's true, and it sounds awful. She turned to Julia and she gave her a worried glance, it seemed they both feel the same about this. It's a bad idea. 

Her thoughts about it were only reinforced when Dumbledore revealed the shocking death toll which lead to the tournament being discontinued. Whoever decided to bring back an ancient tournament that could most likely result in someone dying deserves a right good smack on the side of the head Ginny thought. 

Either way, she couldn't help but be a little excited about students from Durmstrang and Beaux Batons coming to the school. Also at the prospect of a competition between them. She glanced at Olive at the Hufflepuff table who seemed just as thrilled for reasons only Ginny knew.

As soon as they were dismissed it seemed the tournament was the only thing anyone wanted to talk about. And, as much as she wished she didn't want to, Ginny gladly took part in these conversations.