The World Cup (Part 2)

Trying a new writing layout... what do you think? Should I keep it like this? Also I don't know if you've noticed but I will be changing things slightly from how they happen in canon, skipping some conversations, interchanging between movie canon and book canon etc... hope that's ok. Anyways, enjoy!

—————

—————

The morning air was crisp and Ginny's nose was painfully red by the time the family could see two men standing in the distance. 

"Amos!" Her father called out. "Arthur! What was the hold up?" Mr Weasley shook Amos' hand. "Some people had a bit of trouble getting out bed." He laughed. "No problem at all, I don't think you've met my boy, Cedric?" "Nice to meet you, sir." A tall dusty haired boy stepped forward.

As Amos and Arthur caught up making small talk while the kids stood back awkwardly waiting for their parents' and guardians to finish. 

Ginny glanced at Hermione and noticed that she also was looking curiously at Cedric and when he looked her way she turned her head and blushed! Actually blushed! Ginny had to hold in a snicker before whispering, "watch out Hermione, think you're gonna get a 7th year boyfriend?" She teased and Hermione began giggling as well.

————

"Come on everyone, around the boot." The sun was just coming up when they got to the top of the hill. Placed in the centre was a manky old boot. Ginny looked at it in disgust before realising it's purpose and tentatively placing a hand on the shoe like her brothers. 

She nudged Hermione to do the same which she looked horrified at but obliged. 

Ginny felt the world around her begin to spin. It felt like she was flying through the air and hurtling towards the ground. She never did like travel by portkey. Soon she was lying flat on her back and groaning as she sat up. Hermione seemed to be even more disgruntled than herself as they picked themselves up and dusted off their muggle clothing.

"We'll see you later Amos!" Mr Weasley said cheerfully shaking his hand and waving them off. 

"Alright, let's get going." Mr Weasley rubbed his hands together excitedly and began to lead the group of 6 away towards what appeared to be a campsite. When they had paid the fee and passed the muggles at the ticket stand, a previously dull field full of tents was exploding with life and Ginny couldn't help the smile that widened on her face. 

They walked through the tents and crowds, people selling merchandise, stands, food stalls. Ginny thought it was wonderful. 

"Here we are," Mr Weasley stopped at a small sign that had been hammered into the ground reading 'Weezly'. Ginny took her bag off her aching shoulder and set it onto the ground, much like everyone else. Soon Mr Weasley was fumbling with the muggle tent as he tried to assemble it before asking Harry for help. Ginny sat down and watched as Hermione cautiously approached the two who clearly had no idea what they were doing before showing them how to connect poles, hook pegs and drape material. ✨the muggle way✨ She watched Ron stare at Hermione before blushing, swallowing thickly and turning away. Ginny rolled her eyes.

Soon they were all filing inside of the seemingly tiny tent and Ginny couldn't help but snicker at Harry's bewildered expression when he made it inside. 

————

"But then he had to go back to France because the term is starting soon at Beaux Batons and I haven't seen him since!" The blond put a hand under her chin. "You know Ollie, when I asked how your summer's been, I didn't expect a monologue of your woes to a French boy that you'll never see again..." Ginny held in a laugh as Olive-Marie looked shocked but then they were both in hysterics. "Ginny! Come on we've got to go!" "Oh, sorry... maybe I'll see you again after the match?" Ginny asked as she got up. "Yeah for sure! Go Ireland!" "Ginny!" The yell came again. "Rah, rah, rah." She said lacking in enthusiasm before running back from her friend's tent. 

"Where were you?" Hermione asked. "Just with a friend, doesn't matter. Come on let's go!" Ginny grinned at her. 

People were walking towards the stadium from all directions. Charlie ran past and put a huge green hat on Ginny's head. "Come on girls!" Hermione turned to Ginny laughing and they ran off to join the boys. 

"Dad, how far up are we going?!" Ginny yelled over the screams and shouts of fans. "Not far now!" He grinned back. Sometimes her father's enthusiasm annoyed Ginny but sighing she continued to climb the stairs. 

Ginny vaguely heard Malfoy mocking her family and so as she turned to give him her best death glare while their fathers spoke he winked at her! Winked! She felt her face screw up in horror and her eyebrows raise as she stared at the cocky blond boy. Seconds later he was turning away from his own shock when he noticed the death glares being sent his way from several protective and angry red heads.

With one last scornful look and unintelligent insult the Malfoys were off.

————

When they finally reached their seats in the sky the Irish were flying onto the pitch. Everyone was screaming, the sound was deafening and Ginny knew she'd be hoarse by the end of the night.

It wasn't until the game begun that she noticed she had been standing next to Harry. She felt this was quite an accomplishment on her part that she wasn't even bothered by it before turning her attention back to the game. 

————

"And Viktor Krum has caught the Snitch!" Ludo Bagman called above the commotion. Ginny put her head on the bar in front of her in defeat. "Wait... what's the score?!" She asked looking up at Harry who shrugged but seemed slightly shocked at Ginny talking to him. "Ireland wins! 160 - 170!" A huge cheer erupted from the stands as the Irish team did a victory lap.

"I don't believe it!" Ron cried. "He caught the snitch... too early?!" "What an idiot!" Ginny laughed as they walked back towards their tent. 

"Doesn't change the fact that he's the best quidditch player there is! Krum! He's not an athlete... he's an artist!" Ron stood on a platform in the tent while Fred and George ran around. "Is he pissed?" (Pissed means drunk) Hermione giggled in Ginny's ear. "Think you're in love Ron?" Ginny said dreamily batting her eyelashes. "Shut up you..." he laughed.

————

There was an array of shrieks and screams that came from outside the tent. "What's that?" Ginny asked, it didn't sound happy... "probably just the Irish." Fred laughed. "That's not the Irish! We need to leave, now!" Bill came into the tent and began picking up some of their belongings. "What's going on?" Hermione asked. You could've cut the air around them with a knife. 

"Fred, George, Ginny is your responsibility! Get back to the portkey and stay together!" Mr Weasley lead the group of frightened teens out into the chaos.

Ginny didn't know what to think, it was a clear night but the air was filled with smoke and screams. She felt arms on either side of her pulling her along. She looked back and saw masked men and women tormenting the family of muggles from the ticket booth. She cried out in horror as Fred and George lead her away. 

"Come on Gin... we've got to keep going..." George sounded frantic as they looked through the crowds.

Ginny looked around for the rest of her family but they were nowhere to be found. She nodded to her brothers and they ran. Ran all the way out of campsite. When they finally looked back they saw hundreds of tents in flames and people desperately trying to get out. Ginny swallowed down the lump in her throat and ignored the tears in her eyes.

10 minutes later and everyone but Harry, Ron and Hermione had returned. 

"Of course Harry, Ron and Hermione are the ones who don't make it back." Fred joked and Ginny elbowed him in the stomach to shut him up. "Alright, you three stay here with Charlie. Bill, let's go." Mr Weasley began to move back towards the slowly dying flames of the campsite.