(22) Ping Pong Phone Paddle

Ally's POV

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!" I shout at Jake stomping to him through the water.

"What?!" He ask back sharply.

"Who do you think you are?!" I shout. "If I could go around punching people, it wouldn't be my best friend!!!"

"Don't even dare guilt me!! She tried to kill her!"

"No she didn't!" I defend. "I was teaching your dumb girlfriend how to surf and she liked my board and I liked hers so we traded and when I handed her the one I had, we didn't see a wave coming and it hit her in the head!"

"You're lying."

"Ask her. She's awake so why don't you go and ask her."

He walks away towards Sophia who is sitting under the umbrella. They exchanged some words and I saw the color drain from his face. He looked down at his hands that slowly unclenched.

He runs over to Taylor’s house several lots over and runs to the back door.

“What’s wrong with you?” Ashton ask me.

“An idiot punched my best friend.”

“Jake punched Ally?!”

“I’m starting to see why Taylor and them don’t like him.”

Melody’s POV

Taylor and I walk into his game room area and play a round of Ping Pong and I decided to use my phone as the paddle because Taylor said I couldn’t beat him. We were half way through the round when there was a loud knock on the door. Taylor leaves to answer the door and I hear the sickening sound of Jake’s voice.

I peek around the corner and see Jake and Taylor angrily whispering to each other.

“She is staying with me.” Jake says raising his voice.

“You kicked her out," Taylor defends me.

"Just let me talk to her."

"She's asleep."

"Wake her up."

"I would if I wanted to. But simple thing is, I don't take orders from some one who hits a girl."

"If you know what's good for you, Murphy, then you will get her."

"And if you know what's good for, Reed, then you won't bug Melody for a while."

"She is supposed to be under my care."