(2) Forgiveness

HNO (2)

"That was so fun," I shout running into the mall.

Our towns mall is very large, yet we have a very small town. Weird, right?

"You definition of 'fun' is way different from mine," Ally yells out of breath.

"I highly doubt that. Do you think they saw us pulled in?" Ally shuck her head and pushed the door open. Immediately a blast of cold air hit us. We ran straight to the bathroom to fix our hair and makeup. "First thing, I am going and buying a different pair of shoes. These are hurting my feet, especially when I run. Which we will be doing a lot now."

"This is tuff. No wonder you hate him," Ally says pulling my hair back into a ponytail.

"Oh honey, this is just the beginning of everything." Ally sighed and rolled her eyes. "Where do you want to start?"

"Top floor?"

"Top floor!"

We exit the bathroom with hair pulled back, and touched up our makeup. Ally keeps getting distracted and finally we make it to the shoe store. Elizabeth is in there trying on a pair of high tops. Elizabeth moved next door to me two years ago. We share one common thing, our feelings toward Jake Reed. Instantly, we became best friends.

"Hey Liz," I chirp sneaking up on her.

"Thank the Lord you guys are okay," she gasps hugging us.

"Why wouldn't we," I ask.

"Because of the Tweet, you know who, put out," she answer quietly.

I nod my head and look at the ground.

"Yeah. We are here because we hope we lost them," Ally replied with a smile.

"Well, I'm getting some shoes so y'all keep talking," I add while keeping my eye on a pair of flats in the middle of the room. I make my way over there and smile when I get there. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around.

"Can I help you find a pair of shoes, ma'am," the person asked.

"Leo," I ask.

"Mel," he questions back

"Oh my gosh! I missed you so much. What happened," I gasped as he hugged me.

"I had to move to Washington to be with my parents to take care of my Grandma. I tried to tell you goodbye, but that was the time Jake Reed put your name out there. I wanted to say goodbye, but I didn't want to hurt you. Ever since then, I have felt so bad. I am so sorry." Leo pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back.

Leo was one of my best friends after Jake left. I didn't trust many people, but Leo made me feel important. He was my boyfriend for a short time, but things became awkward between us so we went back to being friends. Then he left a couple months ago, and I never know why. "I heard what's going on now. Man, your life is fun!"

"Yeah," I sigh. "I have the life every teenage girl dreams of. Literally, because apparently I am best friends with Jake Reed." I laugh and so does he. "Anyway. I need so new shoes because these shoes are impossible to run in. I was wondering if I could have this 4 pairs of shoes all in 7's?"

"Sure. That seems like you. Buy as many shoes as you can and wear a pair out. I like that. Very smart." I blush. He is always so polite. He winked at me with his amazing green eyes, then flipped his sandy blonde hair out of his face. I really need to get a grip on myself. He may have amazing eyes, great hair, lots of muscle...

What am I say?! He is strictly a friend.

"Which shoes do you want to wear out," he ask returning with 4 boxes. I take a moment.