(6) Waking Up

HNO (6)

My eyes flutter open, and I am met with a sharp pain in my head. I scan my surroundings. A hospital room. I can just see MTV right now. This should be interesting. No one is in my room, thank God. The blinds are open, and I just take in the view. A beach is not to far away and the waves keep coming. How peaceful. If I wasn't stuck in here alone, I would most likely be out there taking in the sun and reading. Yes, I would go to the beach and read. I am just that kind of book nerd.

The door pushes open and immediately I knew who they are. Their laughs and constant talking just from the door is enough to tell me that Ally, Liz, and Jane are coming in.

"Hey guys," I croak still sleepy.

"Mel! You are awake," Ally yells running to my side.

"How long was I out," I ask a little confused.

"Well, you passed out around 8 or 9 at night on Friday and now it's 12 in the afternoon on Saturday. So only a couple hours," Liz says like it's nothing.

"You had us worried sick," Jane admits sipping on a drink she got from Starbucks. "Here," she hands me the extra one next her. "You aren't supposed to have anything but what the hospital gives you, so here you go. I couldn't care less."

I mumble a thanks and take the drink.

"You head is going to be sore for a couple hours from where you got cut, but luckily you didn't need stitches," Ally says drinking more of the drink she has.

My hand runs across my forehead and I feel that a massive bandaid is wrapped around half of my head. "This sucks," I mumble into my drink.

"Do you remember anything from last night," Liz ask.

"I was swept into the ocean and get hit in the head with something. That's about it. Is there something I'm forgetting?"

"No. You got it right. The doctors thought that you wouldn't remember some stuff. That may actually get you out earlier. Other than your breathing and the cut, you should be better soon," Jane says.

"My breathing?"

"Yeah. Whatever hit you, also cut you in you stomach and chest area." My hand immediately goes to my side. I am rapped up from side to side. A tube is around my face and goes up to my nose delivering oxygen to my nose. "You should be fine, but you lungs are weak."

"Will I need an oxygen tank?"

"No," they all said.

"You just have to take it slow for a little bit."

"Fantastic," I say sarcastically. "Where are the guys?"

"Food court probably. We ditched them when we heard some girls scream their names. They should be here soon," Jane says. The room grows quiet. My phone goes off and I pick it off the side table.

"Shoot! It's my mom," I scream dropping the phone on the bed.

"Answer it!"

I pick up the phone and slide it to answer.

"Hey mom," I say trying to sound fine.

"Hey, honey. How are you?"

"I'm good. What about you?"

"Good. So, have you been to any Hollywood parties?"

"Hum... Yeah. Just one. It was last night. Pretty fun actually."

"Okay. Well, things back here a pretty hectic and I will call you back later. Love you."

"Love you too." I press end and look at the girls. "She has no clue."