Chapter 12

Thanks to HabibaTahir8 and DripYoda for editing this chapter.

Boruto's POV

I walked out of the room to find Sarada sitting on a bench across the room.

"You argued with Boruto, didn't you?" asked Sarada

I sighed and said, "Yes...I can't let him turn out to be like Future Boruto...the least that I could do is try to convince his younger self...even though it's probably not going to work." I mumbled at the last part.

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing, I was just mumbling nonsense. Alright, did you hear everything that Boruto and I talked about?"

"Just a little bit."

I nodded."Let's just forget about the arguing that happened, and let's find a place to relax at."

Sarada nodded.

We left the underground area and walked along the streets of Konoha, in search of a place to relax. We walked a bit further out and found a nice and peaceful river surrounded by trees. We sat down nearby to cool off for a little while.

I dipped my feet in the river water and watched the fishes as they swam in the river.

"Hey, Sarada. Isn't this place beautiful?"

No answer.

I looked at Sarada and she looked like she was thinking about something. She looked really stressed out so I tried to talk to her, but she completely ignored me. She was still thinking about something, and as if the gods sent me a blessing, I found out how to get her attention.

I dipped my hands in the river and splashed water all over her face, "Oi, what are you dozing off for?"

Sarada's POV

While we were sitting on the side of the river I thought, 'When I saw Boruto, he had bandages on the right side of his face. Those were the wounds he got from protecting me. His eyes were not as bright as they used to be, I felt really bad, but this is for the future of everyone...

But is this plan the best option we have?

Future Boruto is smarter than this Boruto, so he must have a reason for this plan, right?

I'm not entirely sure if I would even know what the future Boruto thinks after I've seen his younger self, today. I feel like I don't even know who he is just from staring at his eyes and seeing his behavior...'

Then, my thoughts were interrupted by Sakomi splashing water on my face and asked, "Oi, what are you dozing off for?"

I wiped my wet face with my hands and replied, "N-Nothing, I'm just pondering on about something."

"Like what?"

"Umm, I was wondering if future Boruto's plan is the best option that he could think of.

Wouldn't this plan break his younger self's heart as it did to him?

And if he planned to reveal me to his younger self, wouldn't he not believe it?"

Sakomi thought for a moment and said, "I don't know if the older Boruto had it all planned through since he was in a rush. And yeah, your statement is correct but... I think he'll be able to figure it out somehow. Because he isn't alone anymore...

He has help from Naruto, Hinata, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Ino, me, and a couple of others that he may help and befriend along the way. So even if his plan may have a lot of flaws... he has help from other people to cover those flaws and possibly make up a better plan.