Part 10

"Cummon' is that all you got?" Sam teased, pinning your hands above your head.

You'd been at this now for hours. Wanda and Shuri had come to watch as Sam kicked your ass over and over. You were absolutely exhausted and had yet to win a match against the aluminum bird-man.

What was wrong with you? You definitely weren't a 'great' fighter, but you were usually able to hold your own. Each time you would take on Nat or Bucky it seemed to come naturally. Like your body knew the moves before your brain did.

You lunged at him, sending a swift kick to his side. He saw it coming, of course, and dodged it with ease.

"Take him down Y/n." Wanda shouted from the side lines. Her voice distracted you and the next thing felt was the cold gym mat as Sam slammed you down, knocking the air right out of your lungs. Sorry. Wanda gasped watching you groan in discomfort.

"Can we take a five?" You weazed out, leaning back on your elbows and trying to catch your breath.

"Fine, five minutes but then we're going again." Sam helped you up again and you stumbled off the mat to join Wanda, Shuri and Natasha.

"What's going on with you?" Nat half joked, passing you a water bottle. You shook your head, absolutely exasperated from asking yourself the same question.

"I don't know. I just can't think straight." You mumbled over gulps of water. Of course, deep down you knew what had you so distracted, but you also knew that acknowledging the blue eyed soldier would give him more power over your mind than he already had.

Wanda looked at you sympathetically. She knew what had you so bothered. She also knew that having your ass handed to you was the last thing you needed right now.

"Oh, Y/n you dropped something," Wanda started, giving you a mischievous wink. She bent down and lifted up a towel, placing it in your hands, but not without slowly tracing her palm over yours. Instantly you felt the heat from her fingers sizzling into your skin. You had gotten used to the feeling by now but the sensation still startled you some.

"Now it's a fair fight, no?" She smirked. You looked over your shoulder to make sure Sam hadn't seen your little interaction and of course, he hadn't.

"You' ready for round... What was it? Seventeen?" Sam shouted from across the gym, causing you to grit your teeth. He was in for it.

"Ready." You spoke, mostly to Wanda who only smiled in return.

You hopped back up onto the sparring mat as you and Sam began circling each other again. The electric power Wanda had lent you surged through your body, giving you a little more confidence.

Sam lurched at you sending a right hook which you blocked, however you didn't see his left jab that met your gut with a hard thud. You gasped, stumbing backwards a few pases.

"This is the woman who put Bucky Barnes on his back? I don't believe it. I think the boy went easy on you." He chuckled, springing to his feet and lending you a hand up.

"Fuck off, Sam." You spit, stretching your neck from side to side in an attempt to calm yourself down.

"Oh, she's got a mouth though? Cummon' Y/n, do somethin' bout it!" He shouted, circling you, waiting for your next strike.

"Shut up!" You demanded, feeling a familiar sensation begin to warm around your now clenched fists.

"Oh, I don't think I will. Cummon' baby, do your worst." He shrugged, sending you into a state of rage you'd never seen before. You didn't know if it was the pent up frustration of the week, or the snarky comments from Sam, but something just snapped. Suddenly your vision was blinded by a white hot sting and it wasn't Sam standing in front of you. It was the monster who took everyone you ever loved away in one fell swoop. The monster who created you.