Part 13

His hot breath fanned across your face, sending you into a frenzy like state you had never known before. Heavy breathing, mostly on your part as he placed excruciatingly slow kisses across your jaw. You needed him. More than you'd ever needed anything in your life. It made you sick.

"Are you afraid?" He asked in a low seductive voice. Swiftly he wrapped his metal fingers around your throat, applying enough pressure to make you gasp. You clawed at his chest, drunk on his murderous touch. You wanted him to make you hurt as bad as your heart did. You couldn't possibly hate a person more than you hated yourself right now.

"Answer my question." He shouted, sending a ripple of ecstasy through your body.

"No. I could never," You gasped, choking as the walls of your throat began to collapse.

"Liar." He sneered.

You let out an involuntary moan.

"You good, Y/n?" Sam asked, sitting next to you on the couch as he, Nat, Wanda and Shuri all ate breakfast around the kitchen island. Your hand was lightly wrapped around your neck where Bucky's was just a moment ago.

"Yeah, fine." You squeeked.

But you weren't. You hadn't been since that morning in the hallway with Bucky. You could still feel the sting he had left behind from his touch. What was wrong with you? You couldn't even begin to unpack that question. Psychiatric help would be a start, though.

After your memory had returned, the nightmares seemed to subside, only to be replaced with the image of Bucky, devoid of all emotion, seething in rage at your quips. By the third night, you would have gladly have traded, knowing that this was so much worse.

You couldn't keep excusing your vile thoughts as his fault. They weren't, not entirely. You were the one waking up a needy mess every morning.

"Hey." Bucky's husky voice filled your senses causing you to stiffen at the sound. The team around you said their hello's while you tried to refrain from gawking. You had done your very best to avoid him as much as you could, but there were only so many places to hide. Whenever you bumped into each other he would keep his head down and you would run in either direction.

"Steve's on his way back today. He left to meet Vision and gather intel on an active Hydra base located somewhere on the border of Germany." Wanda's eyes lit up at the mention of the name. This must be the famous Android she's always gushing about.

"Pack up... We ship out first thing tomorrow morning." Bucky declared, peaking your interest. It had been way too long since you had been back in the field, this was amazing. You could feel the excitement bubbling out of your chest vanish when Bucky's eyes glanced at you.

"Y/n, you can uh, keep Shuri company while we're away." You blinked at him, unsure if you had heard him correctly.

"No fucking way." You scoffed. You were not missing out on this opportunity to give Hydra a taste of their own 'serum', so to speak.

'Captain's orders." He deadpanned, averting his gaze to the ceiling. You stared at him, lost for words with needy eyes. He'd never tell you, but it terrified him when you looked like that. Small, fragile, though he knew better. He would kill himself before he tainted you. But that didn't make the idea any less intriguing.

"And since when do you listen to Captain's orders?" Nat spoke up before you even got the chance. You nodded violently, looking back to Bucky who only sighed.

"You know very well why she can't go." He muttered, fighting tooth and nail not to look at you again. You could sense his uncomfortability but you couldn't look away.