Part 16

The sun burned into the cabin windows causing the dust that hovered stagnant in the dull room to sparkle. Bucky had tossed and turned for the past few hours, trying to rest his eyes, but it was to no avail. Instead of torturing himself further by counting ceiling planks, he groaned out of bed and shuffled into the kitchen. It appeared he wasn't the only one having trouble sleeping.

Steve and Wanda hovered over Vision as he sat at the kitchen table, typing into the laptop.

"Sergeant Barnes, I've located Agent L/n" The android spoke, freezing Bucky in his tracks.

"You found Y/n?" He stumbled over his feet, joining the three of them as he watched the small red dot on the screen blink slowly. There you were.

"Okay, that's not too far from here. Maybe a half hour right. Keep your comms on, I'll get packed and head out now-"

"Alone?" Wanda spoke surprised.

"I can handle a couple of Hydra picks. And I'm not risking what happened to Nat to happen again."

"That's not really up to you, jerk." Steve sighed. "I'm with ya... Till the end of the line, remember?"

Bucky's eyes softened at that, watching as a small smile pulled at the corner of Steve's mouth. His relationship with his best friend had been a little rocky these past few weeks to say the least. But for the first time in a long time, he trusted him. Completely and fully. Bucky wasn't alone, not any more.

"Alright, punk. Let's go get her back."

................................................................................................................................

You squeezed the trigger, wincing as the machine in your hand clicked.

Silence.

You pulled it again, but same as before nothing happened.

"Oh, baby. You're even more ruthless than I remember." Tommy taunted, holding up the clip in his hands before springing from the floor, charging at you. You quickly dodged him, sending him into the wall behind you.

"You'd really shoot me? After everything we've been through. Bucky Barnes must have some pretty good moves. Remind me to ask him when Hydra gets their little pet back."

You growled, "Take his name out of your mouth."

"And what about you, baby. Has it been in yours?" He cooed, lunging at you and hammering a stiff punch to your jaw. You stumbled back a few pases, but ultimately regained your balance.

"I trusted you. I loved you!" You screamed, rocketing your leg forward and sweeping it under Tommy's legs, knocking him down. He gasped on impact, clutching his chest for air.

"Tell me," He wheezed. "When he touches you, do you think of me?" The small smirk on his thin lips disappeared as you brought your boot down on his throat. He choked and gasped for air, but none came. For a moment you wondered if this was really who you were. A killer, nothing but a numb shell of a woman he had left behind.

You watched as his face turned a deep shade of purple. He furiously clawed at your leg begging for air. It would be so easy. With your strength and a little more added pressure you could completely crush his windpipe. Hell, you're sure you could rip his head clean off, but you didn't want blood on your new combat boots. It's funny, all this time you were thinking Bucky was the monster. Yet here you stood, Tommy's life in your hands and there was nothing you'd enjoy more than watching his eyes roll back into his skull. Just like before, only this time there would be no second chances.