Part 14

You had spent the last hour or so exchanging song suggestions with Bucky. Most of his music was from the seventies, claiming it was the best decade for music. You didn't protest as you hummed along to something by Fleetwood Mac.

This was different. Maybe it was the impending danger of the mission or the way his words were a hushed whisper against your ear. Either way, you felt the shift. It was visceral, the way he made you feel. Like debating the best pump-up jam was the most intimate thing you'd ever done with a man.

"We're approaching the drop off." Sam announced from the cockpit.

"Everyone ready? Sam and Wanda, you take the back, Bucky and I will lead Nat and Y/n through the front, after that you're on your own. Collect intel, and get the hell out. After I set up the timer we'll have fifteen minutes before the place blows. Everyone clear on the plan?" Steve spoke through our coms. There was a collective 'got it' and a series of thumbs up's before the jet began to near a clearing. Everyone seemed to still as the wheels collided with the earth, reality settling in. This was it.

"You got this." Bucky's whispers as his large hands on either side of your shoulders sent you back to the situation at hand.

"Lets go kick some Hydra ass." You smirked, pulling your pistol from your thigh holster and loading it with a loud click.

"Damn, that's gotta' be one of the top hottest things I've ever seen," He chuckled, helping you out of the aircraft and onto the ground.

"Oh, yeah?" You quirked a brow, unsure where this witty banter was coming from. Was he flirting with you? If he was you were definitely flirting back. Before he could answer, you heard Nat's voice behind you.

"You guys ready to go?" She asked, eyeing Bucky carefully. You nodded, pulling your hair up into a tight ponytail on top of your head.

Bucky brushed past you, "You got my six?" He spoke, sending a wink your way.

"We'll see." You retorted causing him to chuckle.

"Let's head in, team." Steve spoke through your earpiece, leading the rest of the group towards the Hydra base.

"Hey," Wanda's voice beside you, taking your hand in hers. The silver sing on your middle finger glowing with her power. "For good luck, okay." She smiled, before running after Sam towards the back of the seemingly abandoned warehouse.

Mentally thanking Wanda for her borrowed magic, you looked upon the large building. The outside lights were shut off and it looked to be uninhabited. But you knew better. Steve suspected Hydra was experimenting with a messy version of your serum. As far as you knew, they hadn't been successful. You weren't sure what was going to be worse. An army of super soldiers like you, or a pile of mutated, radiation filled bodies. You shivered at the thought. Most definitely the latter.

"Entering the south side of the building now." Bucky spoke, a few passes ahead of you and Nat.

"Front entrance is unlocked." You heard Sam's voice through your coms. "No guard. Just dark and empty."

"Keep an eye out. We know they're home." Steve said.

"You got it Captain. Wanda and I are going in."

You neared the back entrance of the building, watching as Bucky used his metal arm to tear the door from its hinges. You tried to refrain from moaning at the sight.

As you entered the building behind Nat, you noticed two dark hallways headed in opposite directions.

"Come on, we're going left." Nat nudged you while you followed her. "See you on the other side, boys." She spoke. And with that, your group split, while the two of you ran down the hall towards your mission.