City Lights

"That was fun!" I exclaimed while fixing my dark soft curls, that was everywhere.

"What's next? I want more!" Indie shouted and started running around again.
I had to keep up with her, so I started doing things her way, and walked as faster as possible.

"Here! This one! How do I play?" she stopped in front of a little fake lake that was full of white rubber swans.

"You just have to put this, in that little hole!" I took a fishing pole in my hands and pointed at the fish-hook, then at the eye hooks on the swans' backs.

"Easy!" Indie grabbed a fishing pole herself and began fishing when the swans started moving in the water.
"Not that easy." she said five seconds later and I started laughing with my eyes locked on the ground.

"You got this!" I spoke to her and I started fishing as well.

"I got this, I got this!" she focused on the swan.

I managed to get a swan, and right before taking it out of the water another swan crashed on it and got stucked behind it, so Indie quickly fished that one out of the lake.

"Yeah! That's how you do it!" she whistled.

"That's cheating!" I giggled.

"You're just mad at me for being smart!" she smirked.

The bell started ringing and that meant the game was over.

"Two swans.. Means no prize!" I shrugged and backed away with my hands in my pockets.

"Perhaps if you were better at fishing we'd manage to win!" Indie teased me.

"Perhaps if you actually tried to fish and not just cheat, we'd have won the round!" I chuckled and she acted offended.
"But I'm a nice guy, so I'll get you another prize." I spoke as we stood by a bench.

"I'm waiting!" she sat down and made dancing moves with her legs.

I went to the cotton candy stall and asked the owner to make some for me.
I took the stick that was full of pink, fluffy cotton candy in my hands and returned to the bench.

"There you go!" I smiled and Indie looked up.

"Wow.." she took the stick and admired the pink cloud.

"Go on!" I sat next to her.
Indie tasted the cotton candy and smiled big.

"It's super sweet!" she excitedly said.
"You want some?"

"I don't like it!" I declined.

"I insist, you have to try it, you might like it this time!" she brought it closer to me.

"Fine.." I took a small bite and immediately felt the sugar melting in my mouth.

"So?"

"It's good."

"Let's share it then, it's too much for me anyway!" she smiled and stood up, she grabbed my hand with her free hand and tried to pull me up from the bench.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I laughed and stood up.

"Let's go up there!" she pointed at the Ferris Wheel and I nodded. We slowly ran to the spot where the lit wheel was and waited for it to stop.

When it stopped moving she quickly ran to one of the tiny booths and got inside, I instantly followed her and sat across from her. And then the Ferris Wheel started moving again.
She stretched her arm in front of me and made me eat more cotton candy. It wasn't as bad as I remembered.

"Oh my!" she whispered when she noticed we were in the air again and the city lights were visible this time.
"It's beautiful..." she added.

"I agree! The city lights remind me of fireflies.. They are breathtaking and magical in a simple way."

"I've never seen a firefly.." I heard the disappointment in her voice.

"You have to see some then, you would like them! It is way harder to find them now, than it used to be... But you have to try. What I like so much about them is that they technically look ordinary, and people don't really appreciate them.. But when the night comes they let their light show and everyone realizes that they made a huge mistake. Fireflies are not ordinary at all, they're remarkable."

"Maybe you should help me find some! I really want to see them after this speech of yours!" Indie said in a serious tone, and I liked that. I liked the fact she didn't make fun of me for obsessing over insects.

"Maybe I will!" I sat back and tried to play it cool, while hoping that my sun-kissed skin would make my blushing less visible.

"Now this looks like you.. If you wore a pink shirt..." she shaked the cotton candy stick in her hand.

"I thought I was a cloud! Am I also a stick of cotton candy?" I chuckled.

"Yes, you're sweet like it!" she rested her head on her other hand.

"Well.. Thank you.. How do you know I am though? We just met!" I looked down at my shaking legs. My awkwardness had started showing.

"I know who you are Tamino.. Somehow I know..."

"How?.. It's kind of weird, you know..?" I looked at her confused.

"Somehow.. Plus first impression never lies! People say never give a person a second chance, if the vibes you get from them, the first time you meet them, are strange. Sooner or later you'll find out you were right about them."

"I agree.. But, is that what you mean when you say you know me?" I asked.

"I... Do I give you strange vibes?" she ignored my question.

"I don't know.. I mean you don't exactly give me strange vibes, but I've never met somebody that talks the way you do, that says the things you say."

"Does that make me unique then?"

"You definitely are! But there's one more thing... The song you were singing back on the hill... Where did you hear it?" I had to ask this. It was the strangest thing about this whole meeting after all.

"I know it's yours.. I heard it from you.."

"Really? I have never played it for anybody." I numbly stared at her.

"You... You sang it back on the hill... Don't you remember? You sang it once, but I'm a fast learner... I've been playing music all of my life!" she nervously replied.

"I didn't.. There's no way I did it... How could I forget.." I was completely unaware at that time.

"Well.. It seems like you forgot... You were struming on your guitar and almost whispering the lyrics... But I heard it anyway." she looked at the city lights once again.

"I didn't-" the Ferris Wheel stopped right before I had the chance to complete my sentence.

"We better get going!" Indie spoke quickly and opened the tiny metal door, then got out.