Prince

"I'll drive you home.." I exclaimed as she stood there with a deadpan expression. She just nodded and followed me to the car.

"Where do you live?" I asked.

"I'll just give you directions.." she looked down at her delicate hands and I started the engine.
After roughly ten minutes I stopped the car at a small neighborhood.
Indie opened the door and got out of the vehicle.

"Well.. Bye!" she said and started walking. I didn't know what to say or do. I was still confused, she had given me no answers and the situation still felt strange.. But I wasn't any better, I had pictured the girl in my mind, before seeing her in person. And that was also extremely messed up. Perhaps she was right.. Maybe the hot sun had indeed made me lose my mind for a while, maybe she was there the whole time, watching me. Maybe I caught a glimpse of her and never actually imagined her.

"I'm not leaving, until you go inside.. I want to make sure you'll be fine!" I said loudly as I watched her walking towards a house.

"It's fine, you can go..."

"I don't think so." I got out of the car and leaned on the hood.

"Fine... I... I can't get in..." she admitted.

"Why?"

"I don't have keys... I'll just.." she started running to the back of the house and I fastly followed her confused. She picked up a rock from the ground and walked closer to the back door.

"What are you doing?" I asked in shock.

"I'm ruining my back door." she apathetically exclaimed and the rock flew in the air. Smash.
She delicately slipped her hand on the other side of the door and unlocked it.

"Tell me you didn't just broke in a stranger's house please..." I nervously spoke.

"You'll never know!!" Indie laughed and went inside. I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there like a garden statue.

"Wanna come in?" she shouted and I accepted her offer.

"Cool place! Do you live here by yourself?" I started walking around slowly.

"I think so.." she scratched her scalp.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means, stop asking me questions."

"Do you have any siblings?" I continued asking more questions.

"No. And I also have no pets.. So don't you dare ask." Indie sat on the kitchen table as if it was the most normal thing to do.
"What about you? Any siblings?" she added.

"I have three younger brothers.."

"That's lovely!! Do you live with them and your parents?"

"Who's asking things now..?.. But no, I live by myself at the moment."

"Come live with me.. It'll probably get pretty boring in here..!" Indie said excitedly.

"Um... We only met 3 hours ago..?" I gave her a shy look.

"Ugh... Can I come with you then? Like.. to your house?" she asked.

"It's the same thing, isn't it?"

"I guess so.. But I feel like I'd vanish if I got lonely and bored and if I was stucked between these 4 walls all the time." she desperately looked at me.

"What do you want me to do? Take a girl I barely know to my house?"

"Yes.. Please.. I don't want to be in here alone." the girl gave me an intense look and I tried to look away to avoid it. She sounded desperate, but somehow it didn't give me bad vibes. She almost sounded as if she was in need of a person to talk to and spend time with. My eyes landed on some frames on the wall behind her.
There were no photos inside them.
Indie sighed and got down from the table.

"Wait.. Okay.. You can come with me." I exclaimed without overthinking about it.

"Lemme get some things!!!" she quickly ran off.

She came back with a small duffle bag in her hand and waited for me to get off the wooden chair.

We got in my old car and listened to some classic songs while driving to my house.
It took us about 25 minutes to get there, so it was technically night time when we arrived.

"So this is where the great Tamino lives in!" Indie exclaimed once we made it to my porch.

"Just wait until you see the little lake in the back." I excitedly said. I've always loved my house, quiet, peaceful and surrounded by nature.
Indie looked at me surprised as I unlocked the door.
"Make yourself at home!" I kindly spoke and let her go in first.

"Wow!!! This place looks so lovely and cozy!!!"

"Thank you!" I giggled.
"Come with me!" I walked to my back door and she followed me.

"Woah, it's amazing back here!" she looked at my small garden by the lake.

"And what about my private lake?" I joked.

"Do you wanna know how much I love it?" she asked.

"I mean, yes!"

"Well.. This much.." she fastly ran and dived in the water, without worrying if it was dirty, or if it was the house of a weird creature.

"Indie! You're crazy! Get out of there... I love this lake as well, but I've never been in it.. Who knows what lives in there!" I shouted concerned.

"You should join me then! We'll find out what lives in here together!" she laughed.

"It's so dark.. It's dangerous, come out!!!" I shouted as I stood by the lake.

"I promise you, you'll love it!!! It's perfect for the hot summer days.." she splashed around in the water.

"But it's night now.. It's dark. Come here please!" I groaned.

"Nooo!" she playfully said.

"Fine, I'll go inside and you can stay there with the frogs, or whatever lives in the lake!" I shrugged and walked away, I thought she'd get scared and eventually follow me.

"I've heard of songs that talk about frogs who've turned into princes.. So I might get lucky if I find one in the lake." she shouted and I turned around to look at her from afar.

"Indie!" I loudly exclaimed mesmerized and she stared at me confused.

"What???" she quickly asked.

"Look up.."

"Oh my God.. Are these.. Are they fireflies?" she questioned.

"Yes! I can't believe they're actually here... I hadn't seen fireflies in so long!" I quickly got closer to the lake as Indie got out of the water.

"They're so beautiful!"
We both admired the lighting bugs.

"Definitely.. And you're dripping wet.." I chuckled when I noticed her.

"What are you waiting for then? You should take care of me, I'm your guest, remember?" she whined.

"Yeah, let's get you inside!" I laughed and we both walked.

"Can't believe I got all wet and I didn't even find my prince." she sighed.

"He might be somewhere else." I bit my lip as we got in the house.