60 Seconds

So I did everything I could to put a smile back on her face and ease her pain. My plan was to take her on a date, explore the city center, and then drive back to the hill we had first met each other to stargaze and relax away from everyone.

There we were in the car, looking at the passing people outside. She seemed hesitant, but I was there to remind her that everything was fine. I rested my hand on hers and looked at her with compassion.
She gave me a nod and I quickly got outside the vehicle to open the door for her.

"Thank you Tami!" she politely said and got outside.

"Let's go princess. You probably have been here before, but it's a nice day for a walk around the city, isn't it?"

"I.. Yes, I've.. Right!" she mumbled.

"Okay.." I quietly spoke and I walked with her arm-in-arm.
"Indie.. I don't mean to be too annoying, but are you feeling better today?" I asked.

"I'm fine, it's just, I really wanted to get along with your brother.. But it didn't happen.. I was invisible to him. I'm okay now."

"I seriously don't know what's gotten into him.. But I think you two will find a way to make things right eventually. You're amazing after all, how could someone not like you?.. He probably wasn't feeling good yesterday, that's all." I reassured her.

"You really think I'm amazing?" Indie smiled at me.

"Of course. I've never gotten attached to a girl so quickly before. I let you stay in my house when I only knew your name. But I felt something, something unusual since the first day we met. And then I started unraveling you, and I got lost in your maze. I am not sure I'll ever find a way to escape." I admitted.

"Do you want to escape my maze Tamino?" she raised her eyebrow and giggled.

"I definitely don't want to.. I like it here." I laughed.

"That's awesome! Because I feel the same way about you. This kind of stuff only happens once in a lifetime.
You get to meet someone who completes you and your thoughts.. I'm glad you're the one who brought me to life." Indie said as we made our way to a quiet park.

"Indie... You're talking about me as if I'm a God." I shyly hid my face behind my hand.

"But it's true. I didn't know who I was before you. You gave me a voice and painted me in colors." she sat on a bench.

"You're unbelievable!" I chuckled and sat next to her, then put her in a hug.

"Did I say something wrong?" she questioned worried.

"No... Nobody has ever told me such nice things before. I'm not used to being so appreciated." I shrugged.

"But you deserve to hear every nice word that is printed in a dictionary."

"You're so sweet.. Look.. I know it's still too early, but I feel like it's the right time to ask you this.."

"Ask me what?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't know how to do this..." I nervously spoke. All of a sudden it felt as if I had ran out of words.

"Do you want to be mine?" she asked and I widened my eyes.

"How... Of course I want to be yours, I want you to be mine." I instantly exclaimed.

"I've always been yours, you just didn't know!" she sweetly smiled at me and I leaned in to kiss her magical pink lips. I was the luckiest man that had ever existed. The only one who could touch the sunset sky and travel across indigo oceans without a ship.

"I don't think you understand how happy this makes me." I exclaimed as our lips separated. Some walking people gave me a weird look, perhaps my smile was too big.
"I think we should leave.. I only wanna be with you right now." I admitted and she nodded. So we did as we said, we walked back to the car and I opened the door for her once again. This action of mine got me some disapproving stares from strangers and it made me wonder why people nowadays are so afraid of romance. Opening a door for a lady looks weird? Admitting that somebody makes you happy is a crime? Why did we let romance die..?

I shaked my head as I got in the car and then we drove off. Drove to a place far away from unspoken words and expressionless faces.

"We're going to stay here 'till the stars come out, I'm not kidding!" I chuckled as we walked around the hill.
"Do you know the story of The Little Prince?" I asked.

"Just a few things.. Tell me about it please!" she quietly spoke as we both sat on the ground.

"A man crash-landed somewhere in the desert. And that's where he met a boy with golden hair. He was like no other person he had ever met. He liked to laugh, refused to answer questions, and was determined to show love to his rose back home. This landscape reminds me of this story somehow. It reminds me of the place where The Little Prince appeared on earth. And I almost feel as if I'm living inside that book when I'm with you. Don't dissappear the same way he did." I looked at the orange sun acrossed from us and caressed the fresh grass with my hand.

"I hope I don't dissappear.." she sighed and laid back.

"You can do whatever you want, we're here, and if you like here, we can stay here. You don't have to run away. But then again I'll never try to keep you near me if you desire to leave." I laid next to her.

"Tamino...Shhh.. Let's just not talk about this right now... Okay? We can live now.. Everything is perfect now, don't you agree?" she asked.

"Yes.. Everything is perfect now." I agreed but still felt a little worried she'd leave like everyone else. But if I had to choose between an eternity with some other person, or a minute with her.. I'd pick to live for just 60 seconds, so I squeezed my eyes and smiled.