Pink Sky

So the days started passing by and I lived with Indie. I got to know her unique personality and how she always enjoyed listening to music, or laughing loud at the most ordinary things.

She was that type of distraction, that makes you uninterested to whatever happens in the world around you.
I preferred sitting on my porch with her, than going to an expensive glamorous place. And I preferred talking to her, over doing anything else. It was that simple. She made everything look less complicated. And she made my life a lot more fun, I wasn't sure if the time was freezing when I was with her, or if the hours were passing by unusually quickly. I later realized that I lived a small eternity with her. I got to feel happiness, real love, heartbreak, pain..

"So what are you cooking for me today?" Indie sat on one of the stools and stared at me going back and forth, getting the ingredients I needed.

"I'm making Falafel, it's an Egyptian dish!" I replied with confidence, I had started feeling comfortable around Indie.

"Sounds delicious, can't wait to taste it!" she excitedly clapped.

"But.. There's a but.. We're taking it with us once it's ready!"

"Where are we going?" the girl asked me with excitement.

"Hmmm who knows? We'll find out later!" I exclaimed.

"Oooh, sounds interesting Tami!" she giggled and I gave her a piece of Aish Baladi to taste.
"I love it!" she closed her eyes as she chewed and I laughed quietly.

Some minutes later the cooking was done and we were ready to get in my car and find a place to have some kind of a picnic there.
We drove around for a bit, until Indie asked me to go to the beach. I thought it was a good idea, since it looked peaceful and quiet enough.
I stopped the car and we both got out, Indie of course ran off and I had to carry all of our stuff. But it didn't matter, I wasn't planning on letting her help me anyway.

"This is freaking beautiful!!!" I heard her shouting as I put down all of the things. There were a few people on the beach, but they payed no attention to Indie. I laughed and laid a blanket on the sand then sat down.

"The water.. It's so blue.. The sound.. So magical!" Indie ran up to me.

"I know! That's what beaches usually look and sound like!" I joked.

"Yeah, yeah!!! But I love it!" she said and finally sat on the fabric.

"So are you ready to taste my Falafel?" I asked.

"I'm so ready!!!"
With that I started opening the containers and then served the food .

"There you go!" I handed her a plastic plate.

"Mmmm... Smells so good!" she sniffed the Falafels.

"Try it!!!" I impatiently said and she finally used her plastic fork to taste it.

"Okay... I love it!"

"Really? Are you trying to be polite?"

"Nooo... I mean it! It's very good! You always cook well Tamino. But I'm happy to taste this Egyptian dish and come a little closer with this part of yours!" she smiled.

"Thank you Indie, you just made my day!" I laughed. We then ate in silence.

"Can we sit here a little longer and watch the sunset?" Indie asked once both of our stomachs were full.

"Um sure..!" I shrugged and we patiently waited for the sun to go to sleep.

"The sky is so pink.. As pink as a pair of lips. It would be nice if we could kiss the sky!" Indie mumbled and I chuckled.

"Kiss the sky?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes! But it's like a shapeless soul, and we can't reach out to it.. It would be an extraordinary kiss though." she sighed.

"You're weird!" I teased her.

"I heard a song once that talked about being weird.. It's not such a bad thing. Being weird means you're not ordinary, right?"

"Yes.. Being weird is a good thing I guess. I'm not the most normal person as you might have noticed, so I have to agree with you on that!" I chuckled.

"Can we get in the water?" she suddenly asked.

"We have no swimsuits, remember?"

"I jumped in a lake, in my clothes a couple of weeks ago.. Remember?" she sarcastically spoke.

"True.. But we ate some minutes ago.. We really shouldn't swim. I don't want us to drown or something." I said as if I were a man in his 60s.

"Fine, I'd rather drown than stop myself from doing something I wanna do. So I'll go by myself!" Indie raised her eyebrow and stood up, right when the last of the random people around us, left the beach. I could see nobody else, it was just her, I and the tiny moon that had just started appearing.

"Indie..." I groaned. She quickly got in the water and screamed. I panicked and fastly walked closer.

"I'm drowning.. Help!!!" she shouted. I should have noticed that she was faking it. But I couldn't think straight at that moment. All I cared about was keeping her safe. I instantly jumped in the water and swam closer to her.

"Thank you Tami!" she grinned when I put my arms around her and tried to save her from her fake drowning.

"Really?!? Did you just make me jump in the water... For no reason??? I got scared you know... You're unbelievable.."

"No reason? Now I know you care about me! You tried to save me!"

"I would have done the same thing for anyone!" I shouted, still being all tensed up.

"Oh okay.. Good to know.." she looked at me hurt and walked away, while still in the water, I followed close behind her.

"Don't be like this.. You know I'd do more than that for you.." I tried to make her happy again.

"Like what?" she stopped and turned around to look at me.

"I'd cook for you, I'd play music to entertain you.. I don't know.. I'd do things for you, things I usually don't do for other people.."

"Why can't you do this then?" she questioned.

"Do what?"

"This.." she calmy spoke and her pink lips landed on mine. It felt like kissing the pink sky above us. Sadly there are no words to describe it, since nobody has ever achieved this before and I'm unaware... But it felt.. different, magical I'd say.