Chapter 10

I was hoping to get this published on New Year's Eve (or perhaps even earlier than that), but then some things came up (my brain saying "no, focus on something else but this!"). I really, really hate it when I have to change my plans because my brain and inspiration levels refuse to cooperate with me when I absolutely want them to. Oh well, at least I was able to publish this on New Year's Day.

Anyway, please keep in mind that this is still on hiatus, and therefore updates will be really slow in the coming future. I'm also a little more focused on one of my stories, so that one is going to be updated more until I manage to find the right inspiration and ideas to update this one. So thank you all for being so patient and for understanding, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Finally, Happy New Year! I honestly can't believe it's 2021, but let's just hope that this year won't screw us over like 2020 did...

No, no please.

Stop this. Please stop this.

Not this.

Please, never this.

Why?

Why are you doing this?

Please stop!

Don't hurt him!

Stay away from him!

STOP!

STOP IT!

She couldn't run, and she couldn't move. She could only mutely cry, unable to turn her head away from the scene before her.

So many bodies lay before her, both android and human. She didn't recognize all of them, but she was able to see a couple familiar faces among them. There were pools of blue and red underneath them all, sometimes mixing together to create a disgusting purple color. It was also gathering underneath her, staining her somehow bare feet and the rim of her white dress, and it felt so horrible, like it was sucking all the life from her skin, both moisture and organs alike.

Yet she could still cry.

She would've found that odd, but she didn't stop to think about it as she took in the scene before her.

She saw the blonde hair of that one android that had been betrayed by that dark android (Connor, she remembered), and he was staring over at her with empty eyes, a look of betrayal surely on his face. Then, next to him was an android with a bullet hole in his chest, his face surely blank and his soothing green eyes empty as blue continued to spread under him.

Markus...

Please, please, not Markus...

...

Wait...

No, no, no!

Please, stop it!

No more!

Please, stop it!

STOP IT!

Next to Markus was a familiar old man, his eyes open and wide and his mouth partly open as he too lay down on the ground, red pooling under him. This time she sobbed and wailed, unable to do anything else.

However, among them all, staring upwards among the corpses at an ominous light, his back to her, was...was...

No, no, please!

Adam, no!

Run, you need to run!

Don't let them kill you!